Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
bla bla yah, not a bad sounding ride and all bla bla. 'bout how long was that particular version? must get in some durango/silverton riding asap bla bla stupid racing takes up so much time and energy though...

great shots!

·
Banned
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
More bla

glenzx said:
bla bla yah, not a bad sounding ride and all bla bla. 'bout how long was that particular version? must get in some durango/silverton riding asap bla bla stupid racing takes up so much time and energy though...
great shots!
Jones Creek is a big climb up, Pinkerton-Flagstaff continues the climb, then big up and down along a ridge with a rooty, washed-out descent. Dutch Creek and Hermosa are -mostly- long, fun descents with climbs here and there just to remind you you're in the Rockies. Ride time was about 4:20 or so, but I was being a big tourist, taking pictures and not in any particular rush.

Thanks re: the pictures. I came across a herd of 20+ cows laying in the shade across the trail. Unfortunately, I yelled YAH before I remembered the camera :p.

Hasta,
Dr.F.

·
Banned
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not exactly...

Timo said:
Hey Tim...excellent shots. Did you decide to skip the Chama float?
M
For reasons unknown to mere mortals like myself, the Bureau of Reclamation (who controls the dams on the Chama) decided to "turn off" the Chama river last weekend! Seriously! River flows during the weekend previous - 1000 cfs, during the week - 400 to 300 cfs, last weekend - 100 cfs, this week - 500 cfs. Unfortunately, you can't raft the section of the Chama we were headed for on less than 300 cfs.

So, due to an unexpected "Act of Bureaucracy" I had the chance to go see some friends from Kansas City, whom I hadn't seen in about 3 years.

When life gives you lemons, it's often in the form of a lemon meringue pie to the face :p ,
Dr.F.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts