14K views 82 replies 68 participants last post by  HotBlack 
#1 ·
Okay, post what ya got!

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
reklar said:
Okay, post what ya got!
I remember seeing this one, or one like this, on Greenhorn Gulch in Sun Valley. I was by myself, so this definitely raised my alertness level, especially because I could see the herd of sheep.

Here's one from my web site, on the Boise Front.

I don't have a photo, but there used to be a sign on the Bruneau road where that road crossed the Air Force's bombing range that said,

Caution: Hazardous Objects may fall from the sky in big letters. There was also a sign with the correct etiquette for crossing the range -- wait here and listen for xx minutes. Then look to the west for aircraft making their final run. If no aircraft, proceed.

#11 ·
The small print on the top sign says "This road is open to joint use by snowmobiles and authorized motor vehicles" the bottom sign says "closed to all motorized vehicles" I guess the PGC has their own definitions for "Open & Closed" -- LOL

Attachments

#12 ·
hikerdave said:
I remember seeing this one, or one like this, on Greenhorn Gulch in Sun Valley. I was by myself, so this definitely raised my alertness level, especially because I could see the herd of sheep.
Yeah, I literally risked my hide to get that photo in Park City. I was caught in a thunderstorm and had to go out into the clearing to get the shot. Had to have it though and not just because it was bizarre--in addition to the hail, lightning and potentially hypothermic conditions there were also viscious guard dogs to contend with! ;)
Caution: Hazardous Objects may fall from the sky in big letters. There was also a sign with the correct etiquette for crossing the range -- wait here and listen for xx minutes. Then look to the west for aircraft making their final run. If no aircraft, proceed.
Whoa! Get a photo if possible ... love to see that!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.