Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Fartographer
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was at the Fruita Fat Tire Festival last weekend and I got to take the new Bionicon Tesla out for a solid demo ride on Horsethief. The Tesla is a 6-inch, Horst-link trail bike. I'm working my way through all my photos and I also shot a video of the new bike. I just wanted to let you guys know that I rode it and I have some stuff to say about it. For now, here's a picture of me actually riding. Those are rare, you know :)

I also rode some new Marzocchi stuff and I've got all new X-Fusion suspension on the old Santa Cruz Mini Free. So you can expect to see me a little more often in the near future.

Attachments

·
free
142 Posts
I just don't understand why so many AM guys wear stuff and for xc? It is just asking for trouble...first that helmet won't protect your face, second you will hurt your testicles with that seat and third you will have no control in a dangerous situations with that kind of shoes...

·
Basura Blanca
1,797 Posts
Ummm, Horsethief is a XC ride. But it's good you're looking out for PJ. He's a total noob and he's never ridden with someone (like Francis) who has had their teeth knocked out.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
m11b said:
I just don't understand why so many AM guys wear stuff and for xc? It is just asking for trouble...first that helmet won't protect your face, second you will hurt your testicles with that seat and third you will have no control in a dangerous situations with that kind of shoes...
Did you take a hit from the crack pipe before this post?

It make none the sense.

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,847 Posts
m11b said:
Huh? I really hope you are yanking our chains.

It's either that or you really, really swallowed the "all-mountain" marketing bait.

·
Trying to be helpful
2,550 Posts
m11b said:
You are either misinformed and/or ignorant. Open your eyes, it will open your mind. :thumbsup:

·
free
142 Posts
No not joking...my wiev and style of riding AM is completely different to this kind. It is so awkward and can't understand how you can have fun jumping around when you have to get back behind your seat...beaing attached to the peddals...
As long as he enjoys...

·
Registered
844 Posts
Damn, nothing like getting a load of sh!t for posting a cool pic!

I for one like it. The bike is cool, and I could give a crap what you wear. Thanks for the shot, looking forward to your follow up.

·
Registered
974 Posts
m11b said:
No not joking...my wiev and style of riding AM is completely different to this kind. It is so awkward and can't understand how you can have fun jumping around when you have to get back behind your seat...beaing attached to the peddals...
As long as he enjoys...
and just what is AM to you? downhill?

·
Registered
443 Posts
b-kul said:
tell me one discipline of mountain biking that doesnt involve the use of clips or getting behind your seat. i dont even understand how you can come up with that claim.
Trials biking, dirt jumping, free ride big mountain, super technical downhill? Clips have their place, but not common in those areas.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Looking forward to your review. I'm pretty happy with my Golden Willow, but I think that a little more travel and slightly slacker angle could be a good upgrade.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Looking forward to a review

My Craftworks is getting pretty long in the tooth - I'll be looking to replace soon.

I like the idea of the bike, but there is nothing better than a test ride and hearing what others have to saw.

·
Fartographer
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Golden Willow

hikerdave said:
Looking forward to your review. I'm pretty happy with my Golden Willow, but I think that a little more travel and slightly slacker angle could be a good upgrade.
I've been riding the Golden Willow for about 4 years now. It's the best all-purpose bike I've ever ridden. But I too would like something with a little more travel in the rear and a slacker headtube angle. I have high hopes for this bike. I'll post more as soon as I can. PhotographyREVIEW.com takes up most of my time these days.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.