Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Fartographer
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally wrapped up the Bionicon Golden Willow review. It's about time, huh? The good thing about taking so long is I worked that thing over and nothing broke. It's solid, brah!

Bionicon Golden Willow Review >>

Now I gotta get my ass down to Sea Otter before I gets fired!

Attachments

·
7am Backcountry ;- )
821 Posts
Been reviewed as the Holy Grail bike in this months MBUK,

hmmmmmm £1850 i'm kinda tempted! lol

·
it's the ride....
522 Posts
just a coincidental that your report was out in the sametime with one in MBA... but you know which one i would take first (...ahem..)
I might even only take one review to read.. :)..

·
Stray Bullet
2,273 Posts
I talked with Bionicon guys at Sea Otter at length. They were super cool and invited me to ride the Cannell Plunge with them.

The bikes seem really nice and the travel adjust worked perfectly for a parking lot test. I am going to try and do a test ride with them.

My major compliant with the frames was forks was they looked really cheap. If they want to go main stream they really need to upgrade the touch and feel of their product.

As a side note my LBS had a Golden Willow in for service. Someone is buying their product.

·
Fartographer
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cannell Plunge and the Look

You should definitely take them up on riding Cannell/Plunge. That is one crazy monster of a ride. Check my gallery for a bunch of photos. A ride report was supposed to be part of my review but it just got out of hand. The ride report will have to wait.

As for the look of the bikes, I know where you're coming from. I don't know if you read my review, but I called the Golden Willow and "ugly duckling." I think the newer graphics look better, though. And once I got the Golden Willow suspension tuned right for me, I quit caring what it looks like. Of course, better looks will help sell more bikes. But I hope the more discerning members here will be willing to look past the graphics and try the bikes. Their time has come.

·
SS Pusher Man
7,612 Posts
We are one of thier So. Cal dealers and have a couple in stock. I have had a chance to take the Golden Willow out on few occasions and have been thouroghly impressed with it. The one I have been riding is right at 30 lbs but it fels lighter on the trail.

mtnbikej
Switchback Cyclery

1 - 10 of 10 Posts