Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Interesting. That might be a worthwhile addition to my bike. I do notice chainslap when going down over rocks/roots. Should I buy one? :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interesting. That might be a worthwhile addition to my bike. I do notice chainslap when going down over rocks/roots. Should I buy one? :)
Why I want one. I get some nasty chain slap and some chain suckage when going down the rough stuff. Price Point is the only retailer who has it and they are on backorder. :mad:

·
Registered
783 Posts
so this guide sits on the low chainstay right?
you could run this in addition to a e13 xcx or mrp 1x correct?

·
Registered
903 Posts
Why I want one. I get some nasty chain slap and some chain suckage when going down the rough stuff. Price Point is the only retailer who has it and they are on backorder. :mad:
I actually ordered this when I saw it posted from the bionicon USA site. Even though it says it's backordered, I placed the order anyway and it came in today. Shipping was a couple of bucks better than PP too. Although, it didn't give me a choice in color except black.

EDIT: Just installed it, bounced the bike up and down a few times and it was quiet. Taking it out tomorrow to see how it goes.

EDIT 2: OK, this thing works great. Ran down some rocks and roots and jumps. No chain slap or noise at all. All I heard were tires humming on the dirt and some creaking from my BB. :)

·
Registered
757 Posts
I just got mine direct from Bionicon USA direct as well. Pricepoint was on back order and they werent looking to reorder for a few more weeks. Paul at Bionicon said I got one of the last black c.guides left.

Will post pics of it on my DB Mission as soon as I can find time to get it installed. So far it looks like an excellent piece of kit- will know more once I get a ride on it.

·
Registered
903 Posts

Here is mine mounted on the EX 8.

I was in a hurry while installing it and managed to put the plastic tubing upside down while positioning it but one of the zipties got locked. I had to cut that one off and all I had was some thin ones. I'll have to rectify that later.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Awesome, thanks for the pic joshhan. I missed the link to order on the Bionicon USA website. I preordered with PricePoint and they shipped mine out already. I should be getting it late this week. And if you don't mind, can you take of a pic of it further away? Perhaps a full shot of your bike? Thanks.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Awesome, thanks for the pic joshhan. I missed the link to order on the Bionicon USA website. I preordered with PricePoint and they shipped mine out already. I should be getting it late this week. And if you don't mind, can you take of a pic of it further away? Perhaps a full shot of your bike? Thanks.
Your wish is my command:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yea got mine last week. Only was able to get one ride in so far. Initial impressions are excellent! Bombing down rough sections was whisper quiet and smooth. At times I had to glance down to see if the chain was still on 'cause it was so quiet. No more chain suckage and crazy chain slap. I love this thing. Only question is the durability of the plastic universal mount piece. Someone already trashed one and posted it up online somewhere. And from what I hear they are $10+ a pop for a replacement piece. Kinda ridiculous after spending $60... sigh... hopefully mine will hold up for a good while. Overall I love it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I ordered one earlier this week straight through Bionicon. It said they wont be in stock until the end of the month. I cant wait to get it as I've been having some issues this past week with my E.13 XCX Chainguide so this would definitely help it out.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I ordered mine and received an email from paul asking me if i would like a refund since they won't go out until end of march.
thought that was a nice touch. still patiently waiting

ordered from here bioniconusa.com/cguide

·
Registered
139 Posts
I ordered mine and received an email from paul asking me if i would like a refund since they won't go out until end of march.
thought that was a nice touch. still patiently waiting

ordered from here bioniconusa.com/cguide
That's weird, I ordered mine on Tuesday but I haven't received an email. When did you order?

·
Registered
296 Posts
ordered mine on feb 23. wish i would have had it on the trip i just took to WNC, didnt drop a chain, but it was rather noisy/annoying

·
Registered
975 Posts
I'm using one of these on my Remedy 9.9 and I am in LOVE. Highly recommended.

I'll post a video next week of the chain bouncing it's face off without this mini chain guide and then how nice and quiet it is with it on. Simple, awesome, and works well.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts