Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
11 is one louder than 10
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kicking around a singlespeed again this year. The niners interest me, possibly a carbon.

But, I can not live with creaking. Is the latest biocentric quiet if installed with the pipe joint or carbo compounds... or is it best that I just stay away?

Thanks.

·
Bicycle Addict
1,298 Posts
It's been a struggle with mine. After a few rides the chain will start to get loose and the EBB noisy, so I'll have to go in and clean out the BB shell. After that it stays quite and tensioned for a few more rides before I have to do it all over again. I'm not using anything on the EBB per Niner's instructions.

·
Registered
267 Posts
EBB II setup on an A9C. Use pipe joint compound and make sure the bolts are clean and lubed at install. Runs silent and doesn't slip for about 3 months in wet PNW weather. I service the BB/EBB every 3 months or so. Love it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had a one bolt ebb in a one9 scandium that I tried every trick with no luck . Then I tried Carbo grip and it worked the best but still some issues bought the 2 bolt ebb used Carbo grip and it worked great but then I cracked the frame...bought a sir9 with ebb 2 used Carbo grip and have not had a single issue and that's in WV mud! Seems like the ebb 2 and Carbo grip is the winning combination.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.