Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
I would guess that this has been a very tough year for bike shops. So much rain impacting the rental business. Never been to Billy Goat, but Sycamore and The Hub do a lot of rentals at around $60 a day per bike.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Their demo bikes were always free. One of the reasons I bought one, honestly. But it’s a bit of a saturated market around town, especially for a niche shop like they seemed to be. (Again, one of the reasons I liked it.)

·
since 4/10/2009
34,616 Posts
I went in a couple of times and they never had much stock. Of anything. Not much space to stock much, for that matter. I never got particularly warm vibes from shop staff, honestly.

Definitely tough for them being just down the road from Carolina Fatz and Motion Makers.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
I've always had good luck with them, and their head mech was awesome, but mostly enjoyed that they were closest to Bent Creek (albeit by .5 miles or so). :)
Hate seeing any LBS close.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
That's a shame, they were the first shop I went to in the area a few years ago, when they were still in the old location. They went out of their way to help me out a few times and were super nice. It seemed like they were the epitome of a local shop then.

After they moved, I rarely found myself in the shop though, seemed like they never had what I needed in stock. The vibe seemed to change too, although I can't put my finger on why, maybe it was just that the few times I was there were bad times.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.