Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
ride the moment
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been on mtbr much lately so this might have made it around but I thought it was awesome.

·
Bedwards Of The West
5,451 Posts
I knew I liked that guy.

·
7,758 Posts
I used to watch his "Bill Nye the Science Guy" show. It was supposed to be for kids but it was entertaining and educational. I like the idea of the louvers that give you a tailwind in both directions!

·
Registered
12,083 Posts
Sorry the guy has lost it big time....

Basically people will travel much less distance, through neigborhoods set up for walking, and riding...rather than driving...enabled by higher density development, and less face to face meetings.

Subways and mass transit will take care of the longer distance travelling.

Check out the Neatherlands....

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
that'll never happen in the south. its too easy to build out rather than building up.
Bubba in the south don't ride no bi-cycle to work. And your right, it's much more difficult to stack double and single wides 20 stories high.

Sorry for playing on stereotypes, it's just fun to make fun of you guys.

THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGIAN!!!!

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
The only way bicycles and mass transit will take over is if one of you guys build a time machine and go back to kill the people who invented the auto-mobiles ala Terminator style.

OR

the day when oil can no longer be pumped up from the ground.

·
Recreational Cyclist
14 Posts
I just heard a piece on public radio on how China use to have bike lanes the size of 2 of our normal lanes back in '85-ish. Now, supposedly, if you can afford a moped or car, then you go for that as a status symbol. So now the bike lanes have been taken over by cars like in the US. Not sure how long it's going to take to reverse that trend in China... But, it seems like people are getting more cycling friendly state-side, which is a good thing...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts