Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
me likey bikey
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 2.5 years ago now he received a PM out of the blue from me (I think under an older user name), asking him for some sweet, soppy lines in Norwegian so I could score some points with the hot foreign student with the sweet accent I met at the pub.

Fast forward to today, and I've got the ring, her old man's blessing, a one-way ticket to Norway and a bun in the oven. I like to think I could have made this all happen on my own but it doesn't hurt to thank the guys that gave you a little leg-up along the way!

So thanks BK! I'll definately have to buy you an outrageously expensive Norwegian beer one day!

·
Medium?
6,731 Posts
Bjern Fita said:
I've got the ring, her old man's blessing, a one-way ticket to Norway and a bun in the oven.
Goodness. Chalk up another one to the great matchmaker of the MTB world. That's at least four, eh? Or do both the male and female have to come from mtbr to count?

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
Best one I can remember was when a guy ran over a girl in a race, and broke her arm (I think that's what it was). They ran into eachother on the trails a couple of years later, and it turns out that she had met her future husband in the ER, where they both went to get treated for MTBing injuries.

·
Registered
380 Posts
bjern fita: so your coming to Norway? Whereabouts are you going to live? And, anywho, welcome to heaven on earth, ridingwise :D

·
me likey bikey
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jorgen said:
bjern fita: so your coming to Norway? Whereabouts are you going to live? And, anywho, welcome to heaven on earth, ridingwise :D
Årgårstrand to begin with. Then after a year we're off to Bergen for Uni if they'll let me in. And thanks for the welcome!

·
Registered
380 Posts
okei!

If you want to keep up your riding, learn norwegian and join www.terrengsykkel.no! :)

I live in Trondheim, a long way north of Åsgårdstrand, so I am not familiar with the riding.
But go to Drammen, and wonderful trails are all over the place, and there are some good guys living and riding there too.

Good luck with your move!

·
me likey bikey
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jeg snakker og skriver bare litt Norsk, men jeg leser OK. (grammar is still a bit weak).

My girlfrind is a pretty strict teacher though so I'm hoping to learn fast. Joining a soccer club when I get there so hopefully that'll help as well.

·
me likey bikey
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
adn said:
Shoot me a PM when you're in Åsgårdstrand - I live in Tønsberg, only 20km away from Åsg.

We got some nice trails waiting in the sun. :)
For sure! I was in Norway (Larvik) in summer last year and it was gorgeous, really looking forward to hitting the trails.

My partner and I are shipping over all four of our bikes as well, costs a fortune!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hey Bjern Fita - I need the magic lines!!!

Now you can pass the torch...I met a cute Norwegian / Chinese girl in my local pub recently, and she's :eekster: :thumbsup: I've talked to her a couple of times, but could use some breakthrough material. This is no joke man - let's hear it! Or if posting it might spoil the spell, send the juice in a PM.

Good story you've got. Congratulations!

Thanks!
-kcavt

·
me likey bikey
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
kcavtca said:
Now you can pass the torch...I met a cute Norwegian / Chinese girl in my local pub recently, and she's :eekster: :thumbsup: I've talked to her a couple of times, but could use some breakthrough material. This is no joke man - let's hear it! Or if posting it might spoil the spell, send the juice in a PM.

Good story you've got. Congratulations!

Thanks!
-kcavt
Ha Ha! nice one. A good non-slapable one is:

du er veldig pen (the 'g' is silent, you should get it close enough). It means - You are very pretty!

Pure gold. There's a couple of other ones I know but you might be best to save those for when you're a bit more familiar with each other...

I'm sure the actual Norwegian guys above can hook you up with some nice, classy things to say.

(just don't use the words gammel, store rumpe or boller-mus).

*apologies for the poor Norwegian spelling and rude word*

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.