Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
just back from an amazing trip to the island of harris in the outer hebridean islands here in scotland,
i left the car on the isle of skye after the 6 hour 285 mile drive from east of edinburgh where i stay and ferry hopped with the pugsley,
unfortunly my epic designs bags were stuck in UK customs so i had to go with a pannier,the wieght was all wrong and the bike was too top heavy offroad but i still had a great time,the weather was a bit windy which made the loaded pug a bit of a slog on the roads but i wasnt too worried as just glad to get away from it all,
island life in scotland is very relaxed and chilled (but hard too if you live up there),hospitality is like no where else ive been to and people are really friendly,everyone waves when they pass you,stopping to speak to someone often leads to cups of tea and fresh baked scones!,ideal when your a starving cyclist:) it is true people dont lock there houses up here,if you`ve seen the 1950`s film `wiskey galore` about the wiskey ship that run aground off the island of eriskey then you know what im on about,
the pugsley was a bit of an eye opener,not suprising as i think it is definitly the only one here in scotland and the few other tourists i met were a bit speechless and stared in awe at the endomorphs:D
i will list all the stuff i used and what worked/didnt work on my blog soon,
i picked up my epic design bags today and fitted them and have to say i am very ,very impressed with the quality,fit and internal features and recommend them even though i havent even used them yet!,thanks eric:thumbsup:
anyway i shot all the stuff as usual with a cheap £60 cannon powershot A470 camera with ever ready lithium batteries,not alot of shots of me on the bike in here as you really want to look at the scottish scenery:) included is some of the road from glencoe to the isle of skye scenery,enjoy...
and here is a kind of pre sequel of the drive up that i should of made first!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Glad you had fun. I've got an Epic Designs bag from Eric as well and it is excellent. You'll enjoy using it.

I'm going to do some dirt road/double track Pug touring soon and I removed the Epic Designs bag so I could use the water bottle cages in the frame. I'll be running panniers for this trip.

It will be interesting to see how the Pug handles the tour.

·
A Surly Maverick
2,702 Posts
Most excellent my friend ! Looks like you had a brilliant time :thumbsup:

I drove from Cumbria to Fort William a few years ago for the UK UCI Downhill world cup round.

I thought (wrongly) that I was getting close when I got to Glasgow !

Amazing road from then on , especially Glen Coe.

Cheers,
Dr FG

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
at last ive edited film of this trip,its 17 minutes,mostly shot from the saddle,basicly just more of the same so once again enjoy the scotlands western isles scenery:thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts