Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy New Year All,
For those who might have missed the invite on the Denali hwy thread Wildfire, Kathi M and myself are biking up on the mountain above Moose Meadows and bivy to celebrate New Years Eve. Anyone who would like to join us can respond to this thread or email me and I will give you directions. It is a nice 6 mile ride up the mountain and a sweet downhill coming out. The views are great and crazy drivers shouldn't be an issue. If you can join us great if not have a good and safe holiday!!
Bill and Kathi M
Wildfire and Charlie the Dog

Attachments

·
FatBike Fiend
974 Posts
All loaded up...

just having a hard time strapping the keg to my bike. And you thought camel backs were a good idea ;) Hope there's some left by the time I get there. Happy New Year.

Wildfire

·
Registered
940 Posts
Have fun

Happy New Year you guys. Sorry we can't make it, but we're moving from the shop this weekend and celebrating briefly with our neighbors on New Years eve. Nice to walk to parties.....
Anyway, by the time you read this we'll be moved back home and ready to escape into the winter wilds for at least an overnight. Let us know when the next trip is planned.

Pat

·
Registered
580 Posts
Hey Bill M, I hear you're from Chickaloon, yes? One of the musher supporting snowmachiners you talked to on the Denali Highway is the David from Denali with a new Joker that I posted about earlier and he said you'd talked a bit. Do you know Mike the new preacher in Chickaloon? He's a pretty radical biker type dude.

Happy new year.

Ken

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AK Ken said:
Hey Bill M, I hear you're from Chickaloon, yes? One of the musher supporting snowmachiners you talked to on the Denali Highway is the David from Denali with a new Joker that I posted about earlier and he said you'd talked a bit. Do you know Mike the new preacher in Chickaloon? He's a pretty radical biker type dude.

Happy new year.

Ken
David must have been the guy on the new 4 stroke Bearcat that was soooo quiet and did not leave fumes hanging in the trail. If so I like him already. We have property in Chickaloon and start our cabin this spring. We generally hang out in the Valley to ride and visit so we were quick to change our residence to Chickaloon even though it's not quite official. Don't know the preacher yet.
Cheers
Bill M

·
Registered
580 Posts
No, I think that was Rick.........

Bill M said:
David must have been the guy on the new 4 stroke Bearcat that was soooo quiet and did not leave fumes hanging in the trail. If so I like him already. We have property in Chickaloon and start our cabin this spring. We generally hang out in the Valley to ride and visit so we were quick to change our residence to Chickaloon even though it's not quite official. Don't know the preacher yet.
Cheers
Bill M
...........on the Bearcat; he's a biker as well but doesn't realize he can ride in the winter yet. David was on a pieceacrap Tundra pulling a huge sled, most likely, and maybe carrying a small multi colored dog.

The preacher's a regular guy, too--he hasn't always been a preacher!

Sounds like you're hanging with a good crowd to make some trail miles; keep it up!

Ken

·
Registered
580 Posts
Woops, my mistake Bill......

AK Ken said:
...........on the Bearcat; he's a biker as well but doesn't realize he can ride in the winter yet. David was on a pieceacrap Tundra pulling a huge sled, most likely, and maybe carrying a small multi colored dog."

.....I talked to David and he was indeed the fella on the Bearcat that you spoke with. He was hauling some supplies out to Jeff's camp on the Susitna for the first annual (?) Susitna Solstice Slumber Party.

He also tried a little bike riding in the park the other day but was hampered by a flat tire and then wrecked on a dogsled and blew up his knee to some degree, but he and Lisa remain enthusiastic about their new bikes. When the stars align I'm sure the'll enjoy some trail time.

ken

1 - 7 of 7 Posts