Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Its only 1" on the map!
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago I climbed MT Fuji and carried the bike along for the ride down. Here is the orginal write up on that. I had the helmet camera with me and got managed to get some footage that was usable, it just took me a while to get everything put together.

This video was shot on June27th, 2004 just before the hiking season opened. This video is a little different than most of my videos, somewhat brooding in tone.
Right Click on the image to the left to download 46MB video that runs 8 1/2 minutes. There are a few pictures in here taken on my second climb that show the views on clear days.

The weather for my second climb up Fuji this past weekend was awesome, with views that seemed to go on forever. Here are few of the panorama shots from that climb that help provide some contrast to the stuff you see in the video.

MtFuji-17JUL04-EarlyMorningPan.jpg (240452 bytes)
Less than a mile into the hike here are your views.

MtFuji-17JUL04-Pan2.jpg (444230 bytes)
At the 7th station.

MtFuji-14JUL04-SummitPan-Web.jpg (483605 bytes)
At the summit

MtFuji-17JUL04-CraterPan.jpg (514446 bytes)
The Daiinaiin Crater (aka the crater at the top :) )

·
Registered
268 Posts
Very cool

Great vid... Otherworldy looking terrain and scenery...What was the music??... I know they used it in the Conan movie... You guys must've gotten some funny looks from the people hiking....

·
Registered
73 Posts
crazy...

Awesome video.
You've got some good footage there. I am jealous of the camera....and the riding.
Thanks. for sharing.

mb

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Nice work. The description of the trail surface reminds me of Mammoth, a place that rewards a fine touch.

·
Its only 1" on the map!
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Plummit said:
Great vid... Otherworldy looking terrain and scenery...What was the music??... I know they used it in the Conan movie... You guys must've gotten some funny looks from the people hiking....
I am not sure do did the music but two tracks are Riddle of Steel and Battle of the Mound.

While there was not many people on Fuji, most of the Nihongen were quite friendly and offered up either encouragement or something that translates to "crazy foreigner".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts