Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife and I came down here to Virginia for a weeks vacation to mountain bike and sight see. We have found the nearby parks to be incredible!!! It is a bikers paradise, great parks, incredible views, trails, very scenic and there are very few bugs, gnats or mosquitos on the trails, we have tons of those pesky flying bugs up north!

Also, park fees, $2 to park!! There is a place in New Paltz NY that charges $18 per person as a donation to the preserve which is a small preserve with just some fire roads. We are thrilled with the reasonable parking fees at these wonderful parks.

All of the people that we have spoken with in this area have been incredibly friendly and helpful, park workers, a few EVMA members and the bike staff at Bike Beat in Williamsburg have been really great.

Just posting my findings to let bikers in this area know how fortunate they are to have these great local parks and to thank all of the very helpful folks who made our vacation experience a very enjoyable one.

·
Registered
131 Posts
There are some nice rides around here, I'm glad you got to enjoy them. What park fees? The ones I go to are free! I recently joined the EVMA because I've enjoyed riding their trails so much. I got to help clean up a Freedom Park trail after Irene. The people I met that day did seem very nice. You got lucky with the bugs - we've got plenty around here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.