Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Fernie being the amazing place it is, usually gets us out from saskatchewan to ride a few times a year. We have always gone in spring and summer but looking at possibly doing a trip this fall before it gets to cold.

So when are the temps still above freezing and the riding still good on the popular trails. (Swine flu, hyper, project 9, ect) End of September? Half way into October? I think it would be amazing to see it in the fall colors.

Thanks.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I did some googling and it seems like the snow does not start flying until late November.

I’d think if you want a ride with fall colours, you likely want to go around canadian thanksgiving.

But if you are booking a place, you may want to ensure you are clear on the refund policy

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
The season last until the snow flies, no set rules unfortunately. Fall is the best time for riding here though, colours are awesome, temps are moderate and the trails are quiet but the weather can be a gamble. Prepare yourself for rain and chilly days as well as sun and amazing conditions!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts