Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Stubby-legged
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We are looking into coming down the last week of October with the camper.
What should we expect for weather and trail conditions?
We typically go to Brevard, Nc that time of year but, we're looking at doing something new.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
What about hunting season? Is that a concern? (I am not anti-hunting, I just don't want to screw up someone's day in the woods.)

·
Cycologist
16,853 Posts
Well, I'm in Atlanta but for what it's worth, Halloween can vary greatly, might get a bit chilly at night or it might not.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi OP!

Late OCT to Early NOV are a weird time of the year for us where the temperatures are all over the map. On Average, you're looking at between 55-65F for the "normal" highs and about 10-15 degrees lower for the lows that time of year. That being said, I've seen it go much hotter and colder than that.

We also see SOME rain in Late OCT / early NOV because of the seasonal shifting weather patterns. "Most" trails are rideable just a couple hours after rain. Rocks are slippery, and tire=slashing when wet around here. Might make that a consideration for tire choice. Most locals that aren't lightweights, ride "enduro-style" tires instead of XC. Not because we're "heroes", just that having to buy new tires cuts into budget, which is better spent at the breweries (quite a few around here).

Mark

·
Registered
55 Posts
@tkblazer is right on the money! The campground is physically ON at the trailhead for the Back 40, and blowing springs loop. It's less than a 2 miles to Little Sugar tails and Slaughterpen. It's also easy distance to Bentonville square (great location to relax). From the campground it's about 30 minutes by car to The Railyard in Rogers, and 40 minutes to Fayetteville and Springdale trails +/- depending on traffic.

Northwest Arkansas (as we call it) is just a bunch of interconnected smallish-towns. Mostly accessible by bike.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
@tkblazer is right on the money! The campground is physically ON at the trailhead for the Back 40, and blowing springs loop. It's less than a 2 miles to Little Sugar tails and Slaughterpen. It's also easy distance to Bentonville square (great location to relax). From the campground it's about 30 minutes by car to The Railyard in Rogers, and 40 minutes to Fayetteville and Springdale trails +/- depending on traffic.

Northwest Arkansas (as we call it) is just a bunch of interconnected smallish-towns. Mostly accessible by bike.
It's a cool camping spot. Reserve early! Ive been tempted many a time to camp there, but live pretty close so do a lot of day trips. Do make sure you secure your bikes very well there(keep em inside when you are not around), just like anywhere else though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.