Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Slothful dirt hippie
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The skiing/skijoring has been distinctly sub-optimal this season, so I've got bike on my mind... even though it's only happening in my kitchen or bedroom on rollers right now...

So to get the bike juices flowing: anyone else with goals they want to hit this season? Mine:

1. I'd like to do SF->NF Taneum at least a couple more times next season in addition to the other goodies that direction. BORNEO: this one would be quite worthy of an official Evergreen outing in October, it was just mind-blowing-beautiful last year.
2. Possibly string together some even bigger Taneum laps (multiple options- stay tuned)
3. Hit the Teanaway stuff again, including suffering less on another lap o' Esmeralda... although in truth the views are worth any amount of suffering...
4. Hope to hit the Mt St Helens ride/fest with husband without holding up the show too badly.
5. We didn't get Palisades or SunTop last year, which I'd still like to sneak in at some point.
6. Icicle Ridge is still on my radar if I grow a third lung and develop any actual skilz.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Hehehe. I did an Icewater CG trip several years in a row. Even did the Quartz to Icewater 1 way Epic XC day once. If you bring the cold beers and fried chicken again, I'm in! :thumbsup:

I always have more goals than I can ever accomplish. The overall goal though is to "just ride" more...

·
Slothful dirt hippie
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Borneo said:
Hehehe. I did an Icewater CG trip several years in a row. Even did the Quartz to Icewater 1 way Epic XC day once. If you bring the cold beers and fried chicken again, I'm in! :thumbsup: ...
You're so cheap!:p But I'm sure we can come up with some kind of ******* catering strategy if it helps. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
570 Posts
1. Get my lazy ass outside and ride more... Period... I know its been kind of a gross and rainy and everything but I need to quit using that as an excuse to not get out and ride.
2. Get my girlfriend/brother/dad all out riding more

·
1,316 Posts
1) Want to get an old bike that I used way back at university fixed up as a grocery getter by the end of the month.
2) Want to find an old cruiser to fix up as a townie/pub bike
3) Get over to the I-5 colonnade park
4) Ride a lot more this year

·
Registered
289 Posts
the snow does suck right now, I'm having similar thoughts...

Icicle Ridge - did for first time in '09, gotta do it again!
Kettle Crest - Sherman to Curlew - 1 day 1 way, always on my list, never gets checked off.
St Helens
Blewett-Red-DevilsGulch loop

Endurance Race - Want to do a 100miler in OR.

...I better fix up my bikes

·
Registered
632 Posts
You should sign up for the Kettle fest like I did.

I have my own list of to do this summer.

-Mount Muller
-Dungeness-Gold creek loop
- Esmeralda
-Skookum flats/Palisades
- Port Gamble tree farm
-ACFL Cranberry lake
-Fromme North shore
-Sun top

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Uh, some would say you already did that EB. Even without the woodwork... ;)

Enjoy that DINK travelin' life too. Kids suck any free bike trip cash right out of you.

Jimba, you have never done those rides? That much may get you into June, what about after that? :eek:

·
Registered
553 Posts
Since we're sharing...

1) Get myself back into good enough running shape to enjoy the Dirty Duo at the Shore in March (I don't want to be so spent from the run that I can't enjoy riding Ned's and the other trails).

2) Moab & Fruita Fat Tire Fest -- airfare, condo, hotel booked!

3) St. Helens Fest

4) Kettle Crest Fest

5) Methow Valley trip

Plenty more to be TBD.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.