Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,757 Posts
Straightbarjay, hope you don't mind I stickied the thread and edited the title to include the date so that all the norcal people can see there's a chance to meet some vintage riders and even some famous people too. Word is Joe Breeze, CK, and Otis Guy are gonna be there at some point.

Come on out, guys!:cool:

beer and bikes. Seriously, what's better than that? Some awesome framebuilders will be there with booths: Soulcraft, Sycip, Steelman, Ahrens, Hunter, etc. Rivendell is gonna have a booth too for the retrogrouches. Paragon and Paul Components. And a big shout out to Black Mountain Cycles and our very own ssmike. Come and support these good guys. There's gonna be bike valet parking too.

See ya there.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Straightbarjay, hope you don't mind I stickied the thread and edited the title to include the date so that all the norcal people can see there's a chance to meet some vintage riders and even some famous people too. Word is Joe Breeze, CK, and Otis Guy are gonna be there at some point.

Come on out, guys!:cool:

beer and bikes. Seriously, what's better than that? Some awesome framebuilders will be there with booths: Soulcraft, Sycip, Steelman, Ahrens, Hunter, etc. Rivendell is gonna have a booth too for the retrogrouches. Paragon and Paul Components. And a big shout out to Black Mountain Cycles and our very own ssmike. Come and support these good guys. There's gonna be bike valet parking too.

See ya there.
I am honored to become a sticky!!!:thumbsup:

·
Retro on Steroids
2,997 Posts
Anybody goin?? I am gonna drive up and bring my Klunker!! Stay with my sis in San Anselmo.. Cruise over to 32 Humboldt and hang with her friends and then we will ride from there... She still has the Klunk I built her years ago..
You know someone who lives at Klunker Central? Any way I can get a visit?

I'm leading a ride, but I have been asked to make it a gentle one, no singletrack, most likely up Deer Park and a lap around the lake. The idea is for conversation, not tongues hanging out.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You know someone who lives at Klunker Central? Any way I can get a visit?

I'm leading a ride, but I have been asked to make it a gentle one, no singletrack, most likely up Deer Park and a lap around the lake. The idea is for conversation, not tongues hanging out.
For sure!!! Its a funny story but I was giving my sis a screening of Klunkers and when she heard 32 Humboldt she flipped out and kept rewinding the movie.. I didn't even pick up on it when i watched it the first time.. She lived there from 1993 to 2004 and still has friends living there. Didn't even realize the history of the place... We could ride over there hang out on the deck and have a cold one or whatever.. will keep ya posted!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
153 Posts
I am out...of the country. Too bad: I assume Chris Chance might have been there to lay his sacred gardening gloves on my Fat...
Oh well, have fun, everyone, and do post pics.

·
Fan of 'Hams
228 Posts
All registered... for both the beer and CK/OG ride.

I know it's not officially a ride OF vintage bikes, but obviously most here would appreciate and prefer that. For others doing the ride, what bike are you bringing?

CK: Any chance of you riding vintage?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.