Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I need skills
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whoa, is that a typo?
Saturday October 2nd is our 5th (!) Biketoberfest Fun Raiser (that is not a typo). A non-race adventure tour of the Nicolet Roche Mt bike trail trail during the peak of Fall color.

Meet at the Boulder Lake Campground boat launch parking lot 11:00 AM.

Join the fun loving folks who build, ride and love the Nicolet Roche Mountain Bike trail.

The ride is free, there is a small charge for a post ride meal at the Bear Paw.

Look forward to seeing you there.

video of last year's event
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=563132&highlight=biketoberfest

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
Got my ticket and will see you there! Probably get in Fri. aft in time to set up camp, get out on a good ride, and if weather permits do a little fly fishing. I will be at Boulder Lake Camp and if you or Dana want to git out you will know where I am. My phone kind of works there. Will also be heading up after your event to the UP and Copper Harbor for some of the riding season's grand finales if any one is interested in joining just post. Also dependent on weather conditions.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Kind of off-topic: any idea what the trail conditions will be like for this Saturday (9/25)? I'd like to hit up Nicolet Roche for the first time, and it looks like tomorrow may be my only chance (though Biketobeerfest sounds way better than Bikebymyselffest).

Thanks in advance!

·
=========
1,869 Posts
I dunno if you follow the news, but N.Central Wisco, got rained on, in like biblical proportions.....I saw news vid that showed roads washed away right there in Shawano....so the whitewater kayak, might be a better choice....but what do I know?

Kind of off-topic: any idea what the trail conditions will be like for this Saturday (9/25)? I'd like to hit up Nicolet Roche for the first time, and it looks like tomorrow may be my only chance (though Biketobeerfest sounds way better than Bikebymyselffest).
Just to clarify that relates to this weekend.....not the biketobeer event weekend...

·
Registered
236 Posts
Lots of rain fell from Wed. night thru all day Thur. and even a bit into Fri. as of this posting. The trail soaks up well, but you will find some water holes on Bucksnort section. Just stay high and fast on the berms and you will be good. The rest of the trail will be in good shape as it always is even during rain storms. Might be a problem with some of the roads getting washed out? The rivers and creeks must be raging too!

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'm wanting to go to Biktoberfest this weekend I have never been to Roche anyone from the appleton area going that would be willing to ride up together????? Don't matter who drives to me. Let me know either on here or my cell 920-209-9880.

Thanks,
Justin

·
=========
1,869 Posts
If you're on the fence about heading up to BikeToBeerFest, cuz you don't know where to stay... I just reserved a cabin at BearPaw for a meer fiddy bucks on a special rate that they're offering fest participants.

let thee good times rrrroll :band:

·
=========
1,869 Posts

Bethany and I joined in the fun for Biketobeerfest this past weekend and had an absolute blast! I've posted about how great these trails are before, but I hadn't even seen any of the mossy rock-strewn singletrack that lies north of sixty-four yet. Huge props go out to Charlie and Scott for helping to organize one of the best group rides we've enjoyed this season! There were 20 riders in all and we got to meet some really nice folks - before - during - and after the ride! Plus I got to meet Steve O'Punk!.....again, cuz Gnome-Fest weekend is kinda fuzzy, somehow :crazy:

As always....click on the picture to see more pictures from the event.

g

·
Registered
62 Posts
I plan on hitting up Nicolet Roche this Sunday. Does anyone know if that area sees much hunting "pressure"? I know there's a youth hunt going on this weekend, so I plan on wearing the bright colors no matter what. I just wonder if it's going to be relatively quiet or if it's going to be Revolutionary War-esque out there. If it's the latter, I'll wear my tri-cornered helmet.

·
I need skills
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Statewide

This weekend is State-wide youth deer hunting. We've had several, big, group rides on the Roche during this hunt. We've never encountered a single hunter. Which does not mean there won't be dozens of hunters out there this year.

Talk, make noise, use a bear bell, be visible,....etc... State wide if you are on a trail.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks for the response, cjohnson. I went out yesterday, and as with your experience, I didn't see a single hunter. I did hear some shots not far away, though, so I'm glad I whipped out the construction-green jersey.

The trails are great, kudos to the trail crew. The crusty leaf cover this time of year adds another dimension of difficulty, 'cause who knows what lurks below.

A highlight of my ride was startling a porcupine and almost coming home with a few quills in my leg. We both made it out ok, thankfully.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts