Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Looks cool but what stops them from removing it? Seems like it would be better off hidden in maybe the seat tube or something. I'm sure a thief would be sceptical of riding the bike with an electronic looking box attached to the frame.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hear ya on that, but not sure they would be be focused on that. But I can see where you're coming from though.

·
Registered
29 Posts
How would you keep it charged if it was inside the frame? PITA to remove the seat post very time you need to charge it. Though not sure how long it runs on a single charge.

·
Registered
273 Posts
THis looks like the cap on the top of the stem, It replaces the stock stem and needs a key to remove it..... It runs for 2-3 months on a charge. You activate it with a keyfob like your car. It is motion activated and uses cell phone signal as backup if GPS cannot be located. Like its in a building or covered by foil. Its cool!!!

Pegasus Technologies - SpyBike GPS Bicycle Track

·
Registered
158 Posts
THis looks like the cap on the top of the stem, It replaces the stock stem and needs a key to remove it..... It runs for 2-3 months on a charge. You activate it with a keyfob like your car. It is motion activated and uses cell phone signal as backup if GPS cannot be located. Like its in a building or covered by foil. Its cool!!!

I like this one. I think it's way less noticeable, therefore less likely to be spotted by a thief. I'm going to have to look into buying one. I paid way too much money for my build to not have some way to track it in the event of someone taking it.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Well..your main ride needs to be with you at all times.
Get an "Expendable" bikewith a Kryptonite thick chain lock (with square links) if you plan get groceries or something...and chain it up inside the store if you can.
AND get this device too if you can afford it.
Z

·
Registered
1,331 Posts

much better than the spike

·
Registered
584 Posts
I just checked the link. So it was a GPS tracker. Based on the title I thought it was a spike that's buried under the saddle that impales the unsuspecting bike thief.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I just checked the link. So it was a GPS tracker. Based on the title I thought it was a spike that's buried under the saddle that impales the unsuspecting bike thief.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
High Desert MTBer
5,468 Posts
I have trained my pet bees to follow me around, then whenever I leave the bike anywhere, they hang out and do their thing...

5700210576_f43c8d7f94_b.jpg

Thousands of little tiny 'bikespikes'!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts