Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Bored Carp
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the blogs I read regularly, BikeSnobNYC, has posted a thoughtful piece about the barriers to new cyclists. I wish we could make every new cyclist and every jaded cyclist read it. Not MTB specific, but definitely Noob-specific. Particularly the part about buying your first bike being similar to losing your virginity...

http://bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com/

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
catzilla said:
Heh.

I love BikeSnobNYC.
Wow - the sense of humor sounds like your evil roadie twin in NYC...

Lots of hilarious stuff - I'm dying laughing over his fake road bike shootout:

http://bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com/2007/08/bsnyc-2008-dream-bike-shootout.html

"I can also say that this bike climbs like a monkey in a set of crampons, descends like a monkey in a set of crampons being dropped from a helicopter, handles corners like a prostitute, and accelerates like a particle in a particle accelerator that itself is just a tiny particle in a giant particle accelerator. Overall, the effect is like sitting in a caffe in a trendy Milan street while sipping a cappuccino and wearing fabulous clothes yet inexplicably traveling at or close to the speed of light. Pure Italian class."

"Trek engineers were finally liberated from the crippling constraints of seven-time Tour de France winner Lance Armstrong, whose irrational demands for a durable, comfortable, and practical road racing bike long prevented them from implementing the types of design improvements we real cyclists all long for-most important among them being larger head tube bearings, the elimination of pesky bottom brackets, and proprietary everything. The Madone is their ultimate achievement in fulfilling the new Trek mandate-to create a bicycle that cannot and will not accept any components manufactured by a company other than Trek."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.