Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just posted a new, Bikeskills video, that was filmed here in NorCal. The video features Santa Cruz Syndicate rider, Greg Minnaar demonstrating some basic descending skills. The focus and intended audience is any rider who wants to feel more confident and in control when headed downhill. We hope you enjoy it and pass it on to anyone who can and will benefit from it. We've posted it on a number of websites, including the old stand-by, YouTube. Make sure to select "watch in high quality" to see all that great NorCal background (Nisene Marks in SC)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7dnXiNBDXE

Bikeskills

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Questions and Answers about the Descending Video...

We've received a few questions about the descending video. Mostly details stuff... but here they are with answers:

Q) Where are the trails?
A) Nisene Marks. Lower level. All legal.

Q) Who is the second rider?
A) Jamie Goldman, the Syndicate dirt jumper.

Q) What bikes are used in the video?
A) Santa Cruz: V-10, Blur 4X, and Nomad

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
I did the bikeskills jumping class with Chris Duncan a couple years ago. I really enjoyed it. I learned about bikeskills when they were at Ales & Trailes a while back. Are you guys going to be there to lead a mini-clinic this year?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Well done. That vid really makes the trails look like more than they are. I never even thought of there being any real downhill on that trail. That root drop at 0:56 is awesome. I have trouble hiking over it.:D

·
singletrack bound
2,988 Posts
Yeah, I have trouble walking over it too....My son in law and his friend ride off that drop too...pretty impressive.But what is really impressive is watching them both ride it going back up it the opposite direction uphill and bunny hopping up and over and on top of the trail all in one swift motion without a hitch! These dam kids these days! :cool:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Tone No Balone said:
YMy son in law and his friend ride off that drop too...pretty impressive.But what is really impressive is watching them both ride it going back up it the opposite direction uphill and bunny hopping up and over and on top of the trail all in one swift motion without a hitch! These dam kids these days! :cool:
:eekster:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts