Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Join Jiro Nakamura at a Bikeskills Trail Riding clinic this Sunday 11 January at Camp Tamarancho. Mention that you read about the clinic on MTBR.com and get yourself a WTB tire for FREE! They'll be an assortment of high-end XC, and trail riding tires on-hand to choose from. For more information, check out the schedule page at Bikeskills:

http://www.bikeskills.com/event_calendar.php

Contact Jiro at [email protected]

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
D1PHAM said:
How much are the clinics usually? How useful are they?
Personal opinion...

The jump class was great. But is like learning a language, if you dont practice it everyday, its something you will forget. Still glad I took the class though, because talking to a pro rider is very helpful.

I have not tried the riding class, but somehow, gut feeling tells me that there will be some learning, but not as much as the jump class (which is almost a 100% brand new thing to me at that time). Perhaps the riding class is more fine tuning and getting the techniques down?

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
i could so use that jump class...ever since falling alot without being clipped in and the pedals mashing my legs jump after jump, the confidence was just lost. :(

Now I'm clipped in and can usually jump puddles or small berms on flat lands, but if they're on a downhill portion I tend to slow way down instead of just going for it. This happened today actually!

link to more info on the jump class?

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
check bikeskills.com???

The guy that I took it from, Chris Duncan, is no longer there. He started something call Lesson One. Do a search.

But I am very sure that Joe Lawill are excellent teacher for dirt jumping too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.