Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at getting a new full suspension bike 4-5 inches of travel. I have always like specialized bikes because of the longer top tube. I tried Trek's and felt too cramped, but that was a long time ago and I am not sure if things have changed since I last looked. Are there any other bikes that have longer top tubes?

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anybody else?

I know I can find the geometries on the website, but that doesn't tell the whole story. My current bike is only 10mm shorter than the stumpjumper, but the bikes have a very different feel.

Anyone else with long arms want to chime in with their suggestions?

·
Registered
350 Posts
typically bikes made for different uses use shorter/longer top tubes.

if you look at bikes in different categories, you generally find longer top tubes for racing, and shorter for jumping.

different manufacturers bikes are also measured differently, some use c-t, some use c-c when measuring seat post, if you look at ond brands 17.5, it could have similar measurements/geometries as anothers 19. (just and example. most arent that wide of a stretch)

best adivce i could give is go to your lbs. and say that you want to sit on all the 5" bikes in your size, then if you find one to be too small, ask to sit on the next larger size. compare, and take note of all the little things that arent hard to adjust like stem length and rise, and type of handlebar. you can also add a setback post.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Take a look at Marin

I can't speak for the latest generation, but my 19" 2005 Rift Zone has a longer TT than what Marin publishes. The actual length is 24-1/4". It is a roomy cockpit. Works good for me. I have a long torso and am 6'-2" tall.

Find a Marin dealer in your area and check 'em out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.