Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Founder: Dirty3hirties
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm kinda looking for a FR bike and am interested in using the Sherman line of forks. Looked into a few bikes that make frames with the 1.5 headtube but just wondering if anyone knew of more. So far I've looked at the Quasimoto (head tube looks a little too steep for what I want....looking for 69 degrees). The Iron Horse SGS is a little more "downhill oriented" than i was looking for. Besides that....any input? Thanks.

·
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dan Gerous said:
Cannondales all have 1.5, for a freeride bike, that means the Gemini or, if you want a lighter and less DH oriented bike and you can wait, the Prophet.
Haven't heard of the Prophet. Will check into it. Thanks.

Checked out he Yeti site.

Just heard that zokes is coming out with the r66. 7 in travel. 35 mm stanchions. normal 1 1/8 in headtube. May be worth it to wait on that.....wouldn't have to compromise on frame options.

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
Prophet info

ddraewwg said:
Haven't heard of the Prophet. Will check into it. Thanks.
Prophet info:

140mm (5.5 inches) travel front and rear
Designed around the new Carbon Max Lefty Fork (3.8lbs) and the Manitou Swinger SPV Shock
Frame and Swingarm weight is 2.38kg (5.25lbs) on a Medium frame
Top end bike build weight will be around the 11kg (24lb) mark.
1.5 Head tube
2 Geometry positions. 69 degree XC and 67.5 Freeride positions.
Single Pivot
2.5 inch tyre maximum
Two models. The Prophet and the 4x Version that differs by having a 12mm bolt though hub and single ring set up
Available this fall

Prophet pictures
Singletrack mag review

·
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is that an 05 Swinger??

thanks but i was looking for 6/6 at least and able to run 2.8's. I checked out those pix. Is that the 05 Swinger? Do you have any info on that?

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
ddraewwg said:
thanks but i was looking for 6/6 at least and able to run 2.8's. I checked out those pix. Is that the 05 Swinger? Do you have any info on that?
Yep! 05 Swinger... I don't know much about the internals tough... It's been supposedly improved. The big news is that the Carbon Lefty Max has SPV too. I love the ride of Cannondale forks so that's interesting for me but if you want a bike to fit a Sherman, you must not care as much... Forget this bike if you want to run 2.8's. It's probably my next bike. I currently have 5/5 and 2.3 tires are wide enough for me. The position of the shock will make it much more linear, the swinger has too much rising rate on my Fisher Cake.

·
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah....i heard that lefty's are barnone the stiffest, most accurate fork on the market. guess it goes to show you that first intuition can be wrong!!! ;)

Have you tried/heard info on the twin tube canister swingers? should give a more linear rate.

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
ddraewwg said:
yeah....i heard that lefty's are barnone the stiffest, most accurate fork on the market. guess it goes to show you that first intuition can be wrong!!! ;)

Have you tried/heard info on the twin tube canister swingers? should give a more linear rate.
I think the twin tube swinger 4-way would help but I don't want to invest more money on that bike, it's going for sale after the summer. Too fragile and too many little problems. I really want to test ride one of those Prophets. I'm no freerider, more an aggressive trail rider that likes technical rocky stuff but I like to go down fast more and more.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.