Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I took my bike on the GO Train yesterday, @ the end of the car by the upper level stairs, they have a "diagram" showing 2 bikes (side by side facing opposite directions).

I just sat on 1 of the seats & had my bike on the other side of the 2 posts that are there? Is this the right way? If not could someone expalin the proper procedure? The only other thing I could think of is putting the bike up on end, w/ the rear tire on the floor & using a bungee cord to hold the bike to the post.

·
I already rode that
1,632 Posts
The last time I took the GO I couldve prob tossed my bike on the seats and noone wouldve cared. I think it was just me on the lower level besides the person at the other end. This was around 630pm too.
But I think you have it right from what you said.

·
Registered
287 Posts
There is a proper way? Wow i never knew about that. I dont think ti really matters, or can you get a tickety for it? But see i think if you were to get a ticket, you would get a warning and they would tell you how to put it on properly before they give you a ticket, so first time you would have learned. And usually tehre is no one on the train that looks for that ****. Only time i saw anyone of those Go train people on teh train was after the liver pool and porto soccer game and the skydome last year, letting ppl know there stop was comin b/c everyone was passed out lol. But yeah where are you taking your bike from and to? B/c i wouldnt mind jumping on the go train if some trails were close to some of the stops.

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
trail near the TO zoo ?

GinoLicious said:
There is a proper way? Wow i never knew about that. I dont think ti really matters, or can you get a tickety for it? But see i think if you were to get a ticket, you would get a warning and they would tell you how to put it on properly before they give you a ticket, so first time you would have learned. And usually tehre is no one on the train that looks for that ****. Only time i saw anyone of those Go train people on teh train was after the liver pool and porto soccer game and the skydome last year, letting ppl know there stop was comin b/c everyone was passed out lol. But yeah where are you taking your bike from and to? B/c i wouldnt mind jumping on the go train if some trails were close to some of the stops.
Someone in TO mentioned there is trail at garbage dump very near TO zoo. Have you been there Ginolicious? I want confirmation from other people before I venture there.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GinoLicious said:
But yeah where are you taking your bike from and to? B/c i wouldnt mind jumping on the go train if some trails were close to some of the stops.
I'm thinking of riding Taylor Creek & the Don. Get off the train @ Danforth. My concern was that my bike was kind of in the way of people trying to get on & off.

Humber Valley Trail: Weston Station is nearby, but limited arrivals/departures here.

Highland Creek Trail: Guildwood & Rouge Hill stations

Waterfront & Alderwood Interpretive trails: Long Branch Station

High Park: Bloor

Don River (north of 401): Old Cummer & Oriole stations

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
GO train boarding

revrnd said:
I'm thinking of riding Taylor Creek & the Don. Get off the train @ Danforth. My concern was that my bike was kind of in the way of people trying to get on & off.

Humber Valley Trail: Weston Station is nearby, but limited arrivals/departures here.

Highland Creek Trail: Guildwood & Rouge Hill stations

Waterfront & Alderwood Interpretive trails: Long Branch Station

High Park: Bloor

Don River (north of 401): Old Cummer & Oriole stations
Where did you board the train? did you board at the end or in the middle during rush hour? What time does GO allow bikers to bring bike on trains?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not sure where I found this:
In addition, cyclists are usually limited to off-peak periods due to the high passenger capacity. For instance in Toronto, the current policies of the TTC and GO Transit make it difficult for cyclists to carry their bikes with them on the train. Bikes are prohibited on TTC vehicles from 6:30am to 9:30am and 3:30 pm to 6:30 pm while GO Transit allows bikes on trains except for those arriving at Union Station between 6:30am and 9:30am and leaving from the station from 3:30pm to 6:30 pm
I left Oshawa on the 3:40 PM train for Pickering. I was around 6:30 when I caught the train @ Guildwood to go home. In theory I shouldn't have been on either of those trains because they arrive/depart Union Station in the blacklisted times. I guess because I wasn't going to Union, the ticket sellers didn't say anything.

·
some kind of hero...
543 Posts
GinoLicious said:
wow, i never knew of so many trails close to the go stations... Yeah union is crazy at rush hour those, no way bikes allowed on teh trains then.. its brutal.
I saw someone get turfed when they tried to take a bike during rush hour (about 4:30) from Union Station. They delayed the train and a couple of security guys showed up... Got nasty...

Cheers
:cool:

·
Hoss Dee-Lux'n It
79 Posts
From the link above

"Bicycles are not allowed on wheelchair-accessible train cars or on GO Buses (on GO Buses, a folding bicycle in a proper carrying case can be put in the underfloor luggage compartment if the bus has one). "

That seems to be a "No".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.