Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

· Self Appointed Judge&Jury
84,823 Posts
Moots frames handbuilt in
Steamboat Springs, Colorado, USA since 1981.
And every time I’ve been in Steamboat my intentions have always been to visit that facility. Funny how other things distract from it and it slips my mind.

Awesome that they are still going strong with titanium.

And BTW here’s another USA made frame & and component builder.

Black Sheep
Built and manufactured in Colorado.

· ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 🚲
15,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I do not understand the question
Seriously; after all I think I know where my bikes are made
Do you have something on your website that says where the bikes are made? That is what I am looking for. Looks like this page would be perfect for such information:
bikesdirect.com/frequent.htm

· Registered
911 Posts
Do you have something on your website that says where the bikes are made? That is what I am looking for. Looks like this page would be perfect for such information:
I understand what you're attempting to do with adding a link to the first post for the Bikes Direct brands. However, do we really need to get that hung up on the issue when brands like SRAM and FOX (whose components are manufactured in multiple countries, not just the US) are listed as US manufacturers and thier links direct you to a Wikipedia page?

· Self Appointed Judge&Jury
84,823 Posts
I understand what you're attempting to do with adding a link to the first post for the Bikes Direct brands. However, do we really need to get that hung up on the issue when brands like SRAM and FOX (whose components are manufactured in multiple countries, not just the US) are listed as US manufacturers and thier links direct you to a Wikipedia page?
Which was where I stumbled in this thread. Deceiving how they do that.

· Registered
1,364 Posts
That’s an interesting suggestion
I will discuss it with my staff
Issue is Bikesdirect does sell brands that I do not own or control production on

i have always been in favor of presenting country of origin
But years of trying that has proven most customers do not care

I think it matters but the vast majority of consumers do not think so or could care less

But in your quest,you should know many models from many companies move from one county to another
It’s hard to even keep up

At this time; I only use Taiwan - even on Gravity kids bikes and Mango cruisers ; which is rather unusual, as most companies use China, Cambodia, Vietnam, Philippines, Singapor, etc for lower cost or lower spec level bikes

· Registered
1,364 Posts
Which was where I stumbled in this thread. Deceiving how they do that.
I agree with that
most brands do not state on their site where their products are made
and often when they do it’s an attempt to give the impression they are a US or Euro manufacturing company
The truth is almost all bicycles are from China or Taiwan - but other Asian COO have been added in the last few years

i have always wished consumers cared about this question
but in general , they do not

· May The Force Be With You
2,750 Posts
Top Caps and Frames by Strato Cycles: Made In America

· Registered
1,364 Posts
Klurejr

thanks For your interesting post
I have polled my staff and lots of regular customers

many want to know this
And even more want to avoid China

here is an example of what we are rolling out
Save up to 60% OFF Mango SuperBird eBike 7 Speed Cruisers Cruisers from bikesdirect.com

info in a starbrust - with related popup

should be on all eBikes and kids bikes this week
hybrids, mountain, road/gravel - next week

as always, I am open to comments and suggestions

· Registered
713 Posts
Allied Cycle Works - Arkansas USA. Frames and Machining hand made in the USA.

Reactions: Klurejr

· ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 🚲
15,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·

· Registered
1,364 Posts
This is the link we will put on each bike that gives shoppers the info we think they are concerned with

Product Font Screenshot Parallel Event

Attachments

· Registered
Trek Slash 9.8 Sram GX AXS
702 Posts
41 - 60 of 60 Posts