Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
21 - 40 of 60 Posts

· Elitest thrill junkie
41,669 Posts
This is a resource thread of Bike Frames and Parts and where they are made.

If you would like to have something added to this list Please send me a PM or post here with the Brand and a Web Link showing where it is made. This initial list came from a thread on the topic, but lacks web links to back it up. If you have the time and are willing please get the links and share them with me to be updated here. This is to be a resource thread, please no discussion outside of adding or correcting information.

All additions or changes will be made on this first post to keep it up to date and accurate.

Made in the USA

Frames:
Guerrilla Gravity
Reeb
Foes
Ibis Exie
Lenz Sport
Growler
Wyatt
Digit Bikes (on Kickstarted at least)

Suspension:
MRP (some manufacturing, some overseas parts assembly)
Cane Creek (overseas manufacturing, some assembly stateside)
Push
Avalanche (dampers and spring systems)

Components:
Paul
Wolf Tooth

Cranks:
White Industries
Ride5
Ignite
Profile - maybe?

Droppers:
Thompson
9point8 (I believe these are manufactured in Canada, but I could be wrong)

Rims and Hubs:
Industry Nine
Hadley
Onyx
White Industries
Revel
Enve
Velocity

Made in Canada

We are one composites : (Rims, frames)

Blackspire: (chain rings , pedals)

Made in Europe

Made in Asia
Also, Avalanche has been outsourcing their parts for some time now, assembled in US, but sourced from overseas.

· Ride what you like!
1,251 Posts
I thought the point of this thread is to only post brands you know are actually made in USA/Canada etc.
Nothing of the sort was mentioned in original post. In fact, it leaves space to update European and Asian manufacturers.

Reactions: stripes

· All fat, all the time.
11,220 Posts
Nothing of the sort was mentioned in original post. In fact, it leaves space to update European and Asian manufacturers.
I didn't mean "only the two I listed".

But it will quickly get messed up when brands like sram and race face are listed as north America...

I'm not picking on anyone specifically;)

The ones I listed I knew for a fact they were made in Canada, as I have the parts on my bike and they are stamped with"made in Canada".

Anyways...

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

· Self Appointed Judge&Jury
84,801 Posts
I didn't mean "only the two I listed".

But it will quickly get messed up when brands like sram and race face are listed as north America...

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Hey, I’m not the only one who listed a company mistakenly made somewhere when it was made somewhere else. Go on the links I provided and see what they claim. The bike industry anymore is a confusing place of places where things are claimed “made”. So many companies in the states that assemble here but are made overseas.

· Ride what you like!
1,251 Posts
I went with the website claims as well. I'm a little disappointed that we can't add Brodie to the list. Their steel frames used to be welded in Canada.

· Registered
7,766 Posts
5 Dev- Cranks, pedals and a Ti stem out of San Diego.

· Formerly PaintPeelinPbody
3,256 Posts
Also, Avalanche has been outsourcing their parts for some time now, assembled in US, but sourced from overseas.
Really? That's a bummer, especially as Craig's products haven't gotten any cheaper, but if it keeps him in business I guess that's a win.

Is Push even manufacturing everything in the USA? It'd seem highly unlikely, but not impossible.

· Elitest thrill junkie
41,669 Posts
Really? That's a bummer, especially as Craig's products haven't gotten any cheaper, but if it keeps him in business I guess that's a win.

Is Push even manufacturing everything in the USA? It'd seem highly unlikely, but not impossible.
Well, the world is complex. Which is better, Toyota with a US factory, or Chevrolet making cars in Canada? And if US companies, or the companies of any country really, want to be global players or expand business significantly, at some point they have to bring in resources from abroad. Complex issues don't have simple solutions much of the time.

· ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 🚲
15,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Updated the first post, but only with the users who provided weblinks. I don't have time to check on each suggestion being made, so if you are making a suggestion please provide the web link to a page showing where it is made. And if there is something wrong with the information please provide a weblink showing why it is wrong so I can correct it. This has to be a group effort.

· Registered
1,364 Posts
Motobecabe - Taiwan
Gravity - Taiwan
Mango - Taiwan
Mericer America - Taiwan
Windsor - Taiwan

—————
Side note that has been sort of pointed out
Asia is a big place and has different sources with different practices and QC in assorted places

· Registered
3,859 Posts
Well, the world is complex. Which is better, Toyota with a US factory, or Chevrolet making cars in Canada? And if US companies, or the companies of any country really, want to be global players or expand business significantly, at some point they have to bring in resources from abroad. Complex issues don't have simple solutions much of the time.
Many are daft to or forget the whole world as the market, and matters like some companies trying to make or assemble products in their major market areas for a few reasons that are not just cheapest labor. Also daft to how spreading out where products get their final assembly aids ships, planes, trucks and trains not traveling empty.

So how do you label US assembled items with all foreign parts?
You can read the standards that determine the labeling for all the differences in FTC (Federal Trade Commission) web content. I'm going to guess you've seen products that say assembled in USA of foreign parts or components.

· slow
8,312 Posts
Moots frames handbuilt in
Steamboat Springs, Colorado, USA since 1981.

· ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 🚲
15,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Motobecabe - Taiwan
Gravity - Taiwan
Mango - Taiwan
Mericer America - Taiwan
Windsor - Taiwan

—————
Side note that has been sort of pointed out
Asia is a big place and has different sources with different practices and QC in assorted places
please provide a weblink, preferable to the page showing origin of manufacture.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts