Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy my first hardtail in the 1500 to 2000 range. What bike shops in the valley do you recommend that have bikes in stock. Considering bikes like fuse comp, chameleon, and timberjack. But I'm open to other brands. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
205 Posts
GMF bike shop on 16th st and Bethany home has several options in stock (but they move quick) Marin, Kona, Pivot, and some used. Your price point will be hard to find in the current market. If you find something on the floor but out of your price range, talk with them about what they can do. The shop is great at making a bike fit your price point.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Partially a thread hijack for a question... does anyone know what happened to Slippery Pig? They used to stock Surly and such, which would fit into your price point. I drove over there a few months ago and the windows were boarded up from riots (I am assuming) but there appeared to be stuff still on the shelves when I looked through the windows that weren't broken. Google says permanently closed?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Partially a thread hijack for a question... does anyone know what happened to Slippery Pig? They used to stock Surly and such, which would fit into your price point. I drove over there a few months ago and the windows were boarded up from riots (I am assuming) but there appeared to be stuff still on the shelves when I looked through the windows that weren't broken. Google says permanently closed?
Out of business. Don't know all the details but couple of guys from there formed Blackbird Bikes. Think they are only doing service now though.

https://www.blackbirdbikeco.com/

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Currently hard to imagine that a bike shop couldn't pay their rent but I hear that's what happened and they got locked out of the building. I've been going to the previously mentioned GMF at 16th and Bethany. Eric the original owner of the Slippery Pig is the manager there so the shop kind of has the same feel as the Pig did when he owned it.
Mole

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GMF bike shop on 16th st and Bethany home has several options in stock (but they move quick) Marin, Kona, Pivot, and some used. Your price point will be hard to find in the current market. If you find something on the floor but out of your price range, talk with them about what they can do. The shop is great at making a bike fit your price point.
Really? I thought being in the 2k budget range ive got alot of options. Not looking for anything crazy. Got any recommendations?

·
방랑외국인
426 Posts
AZ is no bueno for stock ight now, especially for any trail bikes in that 3-6K range. Utah seems to have some stock though ha :)

Trek - 175+ days on FEXs/Slashes
Santa Cruz - Oversold their 2021 stock. Literally cannot place an order for a new bike until Fall at earliest. Essentially no Santa Cruz's until 2022. Insane.
Specialized - No mid level Stumpjumpers or EVO's instock anywhere in the country. Their website only has the lower level or high end...no Experts available, nor any ETA's. Shops suggesting mid year at earliest.
Intense - A bit better, but no Primers until March at earliest.
Pivot - probably your best bet, but most $$ for the money. There are some Switchblades around, but typically they are 8K+ builds. Good luck finding a Race XT build.
Yeti - March/April at earliest

·
Registered
740 Posts
What a crappy time to try and get back into the sport. If I remember right, just wait a week or three and Blatant will be selling his latest acquisition

·
Registered
740 Posts
What a crappy time to try and get back into the sport. If I remember right, just wait a week or three and Blatant will be selling his latest acquisition
Just picked up a new Trance 29 from Bike Depot of AZ off 59th and 101. They a few other trances. Some alum and a couple more carbons. They had two Large 29, one XL 27.5, and a couple mediums.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts