Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Crosley623
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just throwing the tickler out there..........
I was thinking of somehow incorporating biking and brewing beer. I was thinking of starting some sort of a continual circuit of riding our bikes and brewing (and drinking).
Please post up if you're a biker and a brewer (or if you're just interested in the combo). Success stories of past brews and pics always add to the fun.

Cheers - Andy

·
Chunky Monkey
413 Posts
Brew

crosley623 said:
I was thinking of somehow incorporating biking and brewing beer. I was thinking of starting some sort of a continual circuit of riding our bikes and brewing (and drinking).
Please post up if you're a biker and a brewer (or if you're just interested in the combo). Success stories of past brews and pics always add to the fun.

Cheers - Andy
Does biker and DRINKER count?:thumbsup:

Thx.John

·
I bike, I brew
190 Posts
Yeah - while not a direct link, there must be some sort of cosmic connection...

We (SDMB) do a fall event down here in Tucson called "Bike and Brats" (bratwurst)... but each year has included a sampling of my homebrews (including last years' "tuna beer" - not what you would think...). Folks head out for a morning ride (of varying degrees of difficulty), and then return for brats and all the fixins'. Always a load of fun. I'd love to see that expanded to have other homebrewers bring their wares.

If you've not trid home brewing, you really owe it to yourself (and your friends) to try it. While full-grain brewing is time-consuming, it is a fun craft. Those not wanting to spend the time but still want the fun of turning water into beer can start with extract brewing (a big plug for Mr. Beer here - so many ways, and very user friendly for someone to enter into the fun - but there are several other extract options out there... but Mr. Beer makes it a complete kit, including fermenting tub).

I love brewing anything from IPA's on up to stouts - but prefer going for more 'punch' (especially like honey)... my next brew will be a maple porter (with syrup brought straight from Vermont)...

Mmmm Mmmm....

·
What, who, me?
215 Posts
Flagstaff Beer Fest Sat. July 12.

Made in the Shade Beer Fest!!!!
ride your bike in the morning and hit the fest in the afternoon for kind microbrews.
stop by the SKA Beer tent and ask for me, i'll always put fellow Mtn.Bikers in the front of the line :thumbsup:

Mike

·
sprocket
3,184 Posts
crosley623 said:

Cheers - Andy
you mean like this?

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.