Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I hop on the Guerciotti this morning. Ride from Oconomowoc to Sussex is 17 miles. I ride and I see cars, traffic, country roads, mullets, Trans Ams, goats, cattle, etc....but I see more SUVs with one purpose in mind. To get Joe co-worker to the office...cell phone a jigglin' coffee spillin' radio jammin' - lame.

I feel superior today. I ate, for breakfast, a couple of bananas and two things of yogurt, oh, and a glass of milk. My fuel intake is less than what Joe Blow spends on gas. My stress levels are down because I ride, because I read the road, the bumps on the road, the puddles.

I ride by Arrohead High School. Suzie driving her own Jetta. No, she didn't pay for it, daddy did. Tommy driving his beat up Mazda RX-7, all mod and fast is furious because he wants to get laid and drink a beer after school.

People just don't get it, and they never will.

You can call me a liberal conservative. I like to ride and I try to be green, yet, I have a gun (father in law gave me a collectible a couple of weeks ago) and own an SUV. That's just how life is. I eat red meat yet I like tofu.

The money people spend on gasoline can be put to better use...like some nice panniers, a rack for the panniers, bananas, bus fare, train fare, badass lycra something, or bling for the bike.

Cars are a defenite scourage of this planet. Everyone seems to want one. No mater how broke a person is, be it living in a trailer down in Alabama, there will always be a car...and three rusty kids bikes on the lawn, right next to the mini-junk yard. The rich have huuuge SUVs. Aside from frugal rich folks, there's those wealthy people who have to drive the H2, or the mega bling Cadillac Escalade...why? small balls and egos. Something has to show how right they are, right?

I'll just stick to my sarcasm, my fixie, my cheap fuel.

I'm self propelled. I'm superior.

·
the cool nerd
8,643 Posts
ernesto_from_Wisconsin said:
, badass lycra something,

I'm superior.
Despite all of the chum that you just dumped in your post, the stand-out point that I couldn;t stay away from....

You wear lycra?!?! On a SS?? What are you, some sort of nonSS-soul rider? Are you a SS poseur?
;)

scott

·
dirty hippy mountainbiker
1,146 Posts
I read on How Stuff Works.com that if humans could metabolize Gasoline the average person on the average bike would get 900 miles to the gallon! Immagine if you could fill your camelback with Premium and hit the trail!

-M

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
uuuu

wolfy said:
I read on How Stuff Works.com that if humans could metabolize Gasoline the average person on the average bike would get 900 miles to the gallon! Immagine if you could fill your camelback with Premium and hit the trail!

-M
I can just picture the lines of bikes lined up at the Amaco station with special enema gas pumps...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.