Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many, many months back there was thread on bikes and cars, something like Intense islike a BMW, something like that. I cannot find it, and I don't know if it was here or in some other forum. Anyway, I'd like to know what cars my bikes are equivalent to! I'd also like what bikes are equivalent to Lambos and Ferraris and other exotics.

·
Registered
487 Posts
i'd luv to see how a Lambo or Ferrari handles on dirt... :D

·
I'm SUCH a square....
1,955 Posts
my co-worker/riding bud & i have a slightly different application -- if we see a fine-looking female, we "grade" her by different types of bikes. for instance, medium height/'bout 105 lbs./skintight hiphuggers/long flat hair/walking kinda fast & "twitchin' " will usually rate being called an Epic. voluptuous/back porch swingin'/looks like she'd be a ride for all conditions is either a 6.6 or a nomad.

get the visual?

·
Registered
290 Posts
I get around with a Jamis and a Toyota. I see similarities.

Not exotic, border line boring, but a great ride at a great value.

·
speed freak
52 Posts
Khemical said:
This Lambo handled the dirt just fine back in the day. If you didn't know it, Lamborghini started out building tractors.
LM002?, it had a Countach motor in it I think... Definitely bad...:thumbsup:

·
well mannered lout
3,175 Posts
I drive a wrangler and ride a stumpjumper, two originals.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Psycho Mike said:
Trek = the Chevy of Bikes. They are absolutely everywhere. Gary Fisher would have to be Pontiacs then...still made by GM, but generally a little sportier than their Chevy cousins ;)

i agree totally with that, lol. my best other comparison would go against it a little though. cannondales and cadillacs. not in a good way either. similarities: overpriced garbage that breaks just as easy if not easier than anything else. and they are both held as "status symbols. i for one am sick of friends asking if i have a cannondale when they hear i have a nice bike! there are other brands which in imo are so much nicer. but on the flip side both have pretty good warranties, lol. and most of the time if you actually use the produce you need them in either case.

actually i just though of another. old norco's and international scouts: hard to find parts, but tougher than hell.

·
Registered
30 Posts
MOJO K said:
I drive a wrangler and ride a stumpjumper, two originals.
while the stumpjumper is original, the wrangler is not. willys' "original" design was given to them by the government. it was actually designed by bantam motor co., and they didn't have the facilities to build the amounts that the gov wanted, so the design was given to willy's.

just a little 4x4 history lesson for y'all

·
Banned
3,408 Posts
Khemical said:
Similarities?
none. The bike is far more extreme then the cherokee.
if it had a lift kit, 36" tires and dirty, then it would fit the bill and compliment each other.
Your jeep should be parterned with a Yeati AM bike, not Azonic Dh :D
So in other words, start puttin coin into the truck to compliment the bike :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Fuji and Toyota. Both are the pinnacle of Japanese design and engineering.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
All my bikes are old 4WD pickups. Ugly, slow, and able to carry my sorry ass, along with some of my crap, to some unforgetable places.
:thumbsup:

·
ravingbikefiend
2,322 Posts
I have often likened my bikes to certain models / makes of cars according to how they ride and what they do.

My "Jeep" cause she takes me everywhere off road.

My "Ferrari"... cause she's Italian and she's way fast.

My Landcruiser / SUV...

And then there are some classics in the garage...

Perhaps the Raleigh would be the equivalent of a Bentley as she's smooth and plush.

This is of course, an easy one as it's a Peugeot.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Anonymous said:
All my bikes are old 4WD pickups. Ugly, slow, and able to carry my sorry ass, along with some of my crap, to some unforgetable places.
:thumbsup:
amen to that! my favorite bikes have been old tanks.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts