Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
gravity curmudgeon
1,502 Posts
Wow. Someone mentioned this to me, but I didn't see the newspaper and haven't heard any details.

On many occasions I have thought about how little it would take for serious carnage while flying mach looney down some local trails, Bracket/Grassy/StoneCr included. Very sad to hear. My heart goes out to his family and friends.

·
gravity curmudgeon
1,502 Posts
On most trails around here there is no shortage of things you don't want to smack your head into at speed, helmet or not.

There are days when I wonder if we wouldn't all be better off going back to fully rigid bikes, narrow flat bars, skinny slippery tires, and lycra (just for the effect). Heck, even Pete's Hill could be fun ...

So hard to hear. Over the years I have seen many riders beat it hard coming down Grassy to Bracket Trail Head (or going back ending down at the highway). Fortunately never a serious injury, although some bikes have come out worse for wear. The flowy, fast nature of the trail, with minimal techy, is seductive for pushing it.

Very sad.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.