Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The endless excuses guy
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is Hope. She's 6 years old. We just finished cleaning and lubing our bikes. Any time I'm working on the bikes, she's there with me. She's quite the little bike mechanic, she can even fix a flat (with a little help). She's the first one to point out that I have a dirty chain. Talk about quality time with your kids, she only makes my passion stronger.

I picked up 2 Haro Backcountry Z-20's for her and her younger brother [he's zonked out on the couch after an earlier ride] with the condition that they have to take care of their bikes. They haven't let me down, each night they put them away, keep 'em clean, etc. I'm a happy guy getting paid dividents: I have my MTB passion, quality time with the chillinz AND they're learning to be responsible. Life is good, very good.

Attachments

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Cute kid

Keep encouraging her and your son. My son and daughter ride with me too, but not on the trails. We make a point of getting out on the weekends for some exercise and just overall quality time. They key is to foster any interest they have, yet don't force it down their throats. I tried getting my kids onto the trails, and they just haven't taken to it, so we do the paved paths together and have a blast.

Ride on.

Clyde

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
It was because of my 7 year old nephew that I got back on a bike after a 20 year hiatus. I haven't looked back since. He likes to go riding w/ me and look for animals.

·
Slowest Rider
5,237 Posts
Lucky Guy

Cute kids and sharing fun times. Can't get better. :) Thanks for sharing.

I wish I'd got my kids more into biking at that age. Still hope with the youngest.

·
Shut Up, Legs!
161 Posts
Sure looks like you've got the parenting thing down. My children look at cycling with a bit of disdain; I brag too much about how good I feel when I return. They're just jealous...

·
Olde Phartette
114 Posts
Not moi?

This is Hope. She's 6 years old. We just finished cleaning and lubing our bikes. Any time I'm working on the bikes, she's there with me. She's quite the little bike mechanic, she can even fix a flat (with a little help). She's the first one to point out that I have a dirty chain. Talk about quality time with your kids, she only makes my passion stronger.

Awww yes nothing like a six year old biker chick to melt your heart! She's a real cutie and it sounds like you totally have your priorities straight Dad, good for you!

Kate (an oldie but a goodie bikerchic) ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.