41 - 60 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
“My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****”

Anyone else see the irony here....

From this c.2006 thread:
http://forums.mtbr.com/where-best-deals/beyondbikes-com-202602.html

any disgusted online shopping customers are welcome to come to my site.

shameless self promotion...I know.

I am a little guy, and I value every single customer.

I am a an ex IT guy that got tired of sitting in the cube, looking out the window, and wishing I was on the trails. I too, was sick of lousy customer service, so I opened my own store, stocked it full of MTB parts and am doing very well so far.

I am not as big as Performance, but I am adding new stuff everyday. I am up to about 800 items right now and will be over 1000 very soon.

I am not a catalog site; everything I have posted on my site is actually in stock. I am not an OEM dealer either; everything I stock is brand new in box with warranty.

I believe in 'Extreme Customer Service"

Rick

·
Registered
399 Posts
Hmmm.. in my case I definitely see Rick attempting to set things straight. We've exchanged a few emails, and it looks like things are moving in the right direction. Still waiting for final results (merchandise shipped & credit for no stock back into credit card account.) Those things take a few days. --zip.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Okay.. I give Rick a thumbs up for me on my transaction. In stock parts shipped and received, and credit returned to credit card company for items not in stock. Emails responded to, tracking info accurate.

Would I do it again this way? There is no way to know if an online vendor is solid. I think the suggestion to ask a question (either by phone or by email) and wait for response is probably a good practice. I suspect this site as managed in August - October 2012, would not have passed that test.

I would recommend that Rick rethink his backorder policy, and continue to improve his customer communications. I do see the web site is still up, and there has been no change to the published policies. For example, the policy on order changes:

If you need to change an order after submitting it on the website, please call the shop during business hours, Monday – Friday from 10am – 6pm CST.... Do not e-mail order changes because it is unlikely we would be able to make your changes in time.

?H (What the heck?) What good is it to call if nobody ever answers the telephone? You should either change the policy, or (hint hint hint) answer the telephone.

Rick, again good luck with making this thing whole again. Looking forward to the customer focused improvements.

Thanks,
zip.

·
Registered
112 Posts
No change

Judging from my experience, they haven't changed either their policy, or the way they do business. Wish me luck.

CC
:madman:

·
Registered
140 Posts
CC, we ride on Sunday, so call us on Monday 800-245-3206. The other number was an old number that is no longer in service.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thank you, Rick.

I attempted to call to call you at this number on November 9th, and again on the 10th, it went to voice mail. I left a message with my contact phone number, order number, and my inquiry about my order. I haven't had a callback.

I also made the same inquiries through your [email protected] and [email protected] e-mail accounts with no responses.

CC

·
SS Pusher Man
7,608 Posts
Thank you, Rick.

I attempted to call to call you at this number on November 9th, and again on the 10th, it went to voice mail. I left a message with my contact phone number, order number, and my inquiry about my order. I haven't had a callback.

I also made the same inquiries through your [email protected] and [email protected] e-mail accounts with no responses.

CC

Apparently, they ride on Fridays and Saturdays too instead of working. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Apparently, they ride on Fridays and Saturdays too instead of working. :thumbsup:
I called last Wednesday, so apparently you can add that day to the list as well.

My story:

I had placed a web order Monday morning. When I hadn't heard anything or received tracking by Wednesday I started the process of trying to contact them. All phone numbers either went to voicemail or were disconnected (which I thought was weird for a company that claimed to have two brick & mortars). After Googling the company name I started to see thread after thread of people complaining about slow or non-existent service. I e-mailed orders at bikepartsexpress.com and copied info at sagecycles.com telling them to cancel my order and I stated the reasons why. I also told them I had notified my bank to reject the charge.

Fast forward to last night when I'm checking my CC charges and see that BPE put their charge through last Wednesday. Coincidence?

I still haven't received any contact from BPE (not even tracking so who knows if they even shipped something or just charged my card) and as far as I'm concerned I canceled my order with them. I'm in the process of disputing the charge with my CC company and they can sort it out with BPE's CC company.

Maybe if BPE gets enough charge backs their CC company will drop them.

Oh and after canceling my order with BPE I called up Zach @ Bikebling.com and placed an order with them. Can't say enough good things about BB. I should have just placed the original order with them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have an update for my experience with BPE.

They did end up shipping me a package two weeks after I had originally placed my order, and over a week after I had e-mailed them to cancel it.

I went through my credit card company and disputed the charge. The credit card company suggested it would be best if I mailed the package back to BPE with tracking.

After waiting a couple of weeks and realizing this was going to be a long drawn out process I tried contacting BPE. It took 7 or 8 calls over the course of a day to finally get someone to answer the phone. "Rick" answered the phone. I explained the situation and he apologized. He said he had run into some distributor issues, but everything was straightened out now. I explained that I had tried to cancel my order and I was seeking a refund. He said no problem, just ship the merchandise back to him and he'd refund my money plus the additional shipping.

I shipped the package back to him that same day. I also e-mailed him a copy of the postage receipt so I could be reimbursed. Oddly he told me to use either rick at sagecycles.com or rick at bicyclepartsexpress.com. He said no one checks the info or orders e-mail addresses.

A week later and I had not heard a word from Rick. I checked the tracking and the package had arrived 2 days after I had mailed it. Three more calls to get Rick on the phone. This time I caught him out getting some lunch. Funny, I had called the supposed phone number for his brick & mortar, but he was talking to me from his cell phone while at lunch. I've never heard of a bike shop closing down for lunch before. Rick said he had in fact received the package and would be processing my refund (including the return shipping).

Another couple of days go by and I get an e-mail from info at sagecycles.com informing me that my credit card was being credited for the returned merchandise. I then received a separate e-mail asking for my PayPal e-mail since they couldn't refund me money over and above the original amount. I immediately responded to the e-mail providing my PayPal info. Then I remembered Rick told me no one checked those e-mail addresses (even though they use them to e-mail customers). So I forwarded everything to Rick's e-mail addresses. Never heard a response from Rick.

Fast forward another two weeks and no credit has been posted to my card. I tried calling Rick, but gave up after two calls that just went to voicemail. I sent him another e-mail asking him to please process my credit and to PayPal me the shipping charge. Nothing.

Another week goes by and my credit card company finds in my favor and adjusts my account for the "purchase". I'm out the $13 I paid for return shipping, but at this point I'm just happy to be done with Rick and his bull$hit.

Either this guy is a flat out liar or just a really shitty businessman. Either way I will never have anything to do with him or his companies again. I'll also make it a point to tell anyone who asks about my experience with BPE, Sage Cycles or directbicycleparts.com.

So in short... a big F*ck You to Rick. He dicked me around and never kept his word.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Received my item in a timely manner, approximately 2 weeks from order date.. Communication was just fine and the prices were unbeatable. I went back and checked my emails and this is the fourth order I have placed with BPE over three years and other than a fork taking about 3 weeks and communication possibly not the best I have experienced I can honestly say my experience with BPE has been just fine and the prices on their sale items is absolutely unbeatable. I don't mind waiting another week or so if it is going to save me $100 or so.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, I'm experiencing the same woes as most everyone. I placed my order on Friday, I received an order number right away which I assume is auto-generated. On Tuesday I replied to auto-generated email, no response. Wednesday I sent an email to sage cycles, no response. I may just call my credit card and block the purchase.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Don't you think you may be jumping the gun a little bit? The place is probably not open on Sat or Sun and basically 2 working days past your order you are wanting to call your CC company???? I have ordered several things from BPE, all at extraordinary prices. Is there communication the best in the world.....NO. Are they the absolute fastest in the world....NO. BUT, they are waaaay less expensive and also faster than any local bikeshop I have ever dealt with.

·
Registered
25 Posts
While I think that BPE is the WORST company on earth and the owner is a CROOK, I think you are jumping the gun here. IF you call the credit card company this early, they might deny your claim when you actually need it because this hack stole your money.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
"Rick" answered the phone. I explained the situation and he apologized. He said he had run into some distributor issues, but everything was straightened out now.
Translation: Not paying bills, suppliers not shipping until account is current.

41 - 60 of 147 Posts