Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks-
Just moved up into the city, diggin it so far. I've only been able to get to the Fells, Otis, and ToT thus far, but am having a blast. Sadly, no wed/thurs night NEMBA rides for me yet. Work doesnt permit :(.

Anyhow, I'd like to take a trip to ride and camp... Being new to the area (and the state), I dont know what's what. I'd like to find a place where I can ride in, camp for a night, and ride out. I'll be on a monstercross, and my girlfriend is just getting acclimated to trails (though starting to rip the fells!), so I was thinking some good logging roads would be prime.

Everywhere in the area I can imagine going is a state park, which means poaching the campsite - not something I'm overly into. So, do you guys have any suggestions as to a place I can drive to (hopefully within an hour and a half or so), park, ride in to the wilderness, and camp?
Thanks for any help :thumbsup:

-Tristan

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the lead - That sounds awesome, and something I might check out on my own, but it also doesnt sound free (in fact, its $75) :(. Not quite what I had in mind...

Any other ideas as to where I might go woods-camping, precluded by a ride into said woods? :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.