Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Derailleurless
9,122 Posts
TLL said:
Their forums make no sense. A forum for folding bikes? Really. Lots of politicking as well.
Yeah, and a forum for All Mountain? Really? It's mountain biking!

...oh, wait ... that's MTBR.

Have you checked out the folding bike forum? It's another world and has an activity level to match it.

Yeah, I own a folding bike. And I'm only slightly embarrassed to ride it.

·
pedal pusher
2,712 Posts
I left BF.net when every post by every person turned into a flame war. Of all the forums I've been to (tech, pc building, auto, etc.) it's so far the worst I've seen as far as the maturity level. I understand the need for arguments, but it really seems like a bunch of really p!ssed-off teenagers frequent that place just looking for a fight, and none of them respect each other.

·
Five is right out
3,176 Posts
I wouldn't call BF uptight. Just a little older and a little more educated :)

The MTBR forums are more lively and fun (so I post here more), but it's also a lot more baggy-pants and i dun kno how2spel propah.

·
BM and PQ Trail Rep
1,936 Posts
Speedub.Nate said:
Opera: CTRL + scroll wheel - headache averted.
I've been using the computer for how long now and didn't know this?

A new trick! I will impress the heck out of a few folks who have a hard time reading the net.

Thanks Nate. :thumbsup:

·
1946:2006:2066
1,458 Posts
bankerboy said:
I've been using the computer for how long now and didn't know this?

A new trick! I will impress the heck out of a few folks who have a hard time reading the net.

Thanks Nate. :thumbsup:
Sort of universal.
Works in Word, Excel and Outlook e-mail and most modern browsers.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hmmmm

cornholio666 said:
I have to agree they are ridiculously uptight- I think they were all picked on as kids and are hypersensitive.
you may be right, that would also explain the being stuck at earlier developmental stages of their life.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i will admit that some subforums are friendlier (note the folding bike forum) but moutain biking, singlespeed, and road cycling are a bit viscious.

·
Registered
104 Posts
funny I should see this post today. As of today I refuse to go back to bikeforums.net because those people are a bunch of loosers, well the ones that crapped on me for replying in the pro-helmet group anyway.

The responses I got were very ugly and out right dumb nonsense. I much rather a forum with level headed grown ups.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.