Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is their any workstands for less than $100 that are worth looking at? Most of the ones I seen online so far have been $150+. Going to be doing some work to a friends bike soon and wanted to get one.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I paid $160 for mine from REI over the summer. Its really nice, very sturdy, easy to adjustable, easy to fold and can be stored any where or tossed in the trunk.

I almost returned it several times telling myself it was to damn expensive. I didn't and I was really glad when I pulled it out this afternoon to replace my petals.In the long run I spent $60 bucks more than you are looking to spend but it should be the only stand I ever buy.

I felt I got what I paid for but I'm not a bike stand expert.

·
Derailleurless
9,122 Posts
If you're OK waiting, about 2x a year REI has the Feedback "Sport Mechanic" workstand (formerly the Ultimate BRS-70 "Consumer" repair stand) on sale for $99.

It's a solid, stable and reliable stand that's every bit as capable as their more expensive "Pro-Elite" models.

·
Official ***** Idiot
333 Posts
The Ultimate is good. I have the first generation folding race stand, never lets me down. Plus I use Ultimate's stuff for my PA system, light stands and the like, those are solid as rocks too. Been using those since........93, I think. Maybe 92.

·
Registered
415 Posts
bigpedaler said:
Jenson has the Ultimate/Feedback BRS-50 for $99.99; I have one, and it's as good as the Park stand I use at work.
i seriously considered that one, but i read it was a bit tipy so i went up to the Sport model. and i was able to get 8% Bing cash back on the $150.

·
Derailleurless
9,122 Posts
EEB said:
I saw a like new Ultimate BRS - 70B stand. What would be a good price for this stand, used. It's in very good condition with original box.
I'd start at $40 (lowball) with the hope of $50 to $60, but I wouldn't be surprised if another buyer comes along offering $120. Some buyers lack common sense. Gently remind the seller that these routinely sell new for $100 on sale.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Speedub.Nate said:
I'd start at $40 (lowball) with the hope of $50 to $60, but I wouldn't be surprised if another buyer comes along offering $120. Some buyers lack common sense. Gently remind the seller that these routinely sell new for $100 on sale.
It was on Ebay with a starting bid of $75.00 and a BIN of $105 with free shipping. Someone bought it for $105.....

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hellrazor666 said:
Look at mine in this thread
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=578075

The only thing I paid was the mount like 70 bucks with shipping. It is solid and very sturdy
Thanks for the link. I was thinking about getting one of the mounts like you got since I could have put it on the work bench that I have in the basement. After looking through that whole thread. I decided to try the way locolife had his. I already had all the stuff laying around. I tried it tonight with my bike in the basement. Worked great!! Will work perfect for when I work on my friends bike in a few weeks. Best part is I don't have to spend over $100 right now. Would still like to get a work stand but this set up will work for now...:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.