Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, I sincerely thank all the MTBR members that replied to my question about bike specific tools.

I purchased a Park AK-32 set, and a few additional Park and Pedros tools as well,..

Second, I know that this has been posted in the past, but again, I am asking for the suggestions and advice from the members here.

I am now looking to purchase a bike work stand, I understand that the Park PRS-5 will be discontinued, (which was the one I was intending on purchasing)

I have looked at Park, Ultimate, Pedros, and I am as lost as last years Easter Egg at midnight,...*sigh*

My requirements:

1) stability
2) ease of clamping
3) portability
4) strength and durability
5) all the bikes I have and will work on will be clamped at the seatpost, and not the top-tube or frame.

I ask for the practical experience, suggestions, advice and wisdom from the members here,

Which do you prefer (brand),...?? (keeping in mind my above listed requirements)

Sincere thanks again to all that reply

Ol' DirtDawg

"live long,...ride hard"

·
Registered
8,564 Posts
Ultimate

fits your specs. I've had mine for 4 years and it has been great.

·
Derailleurless
9,122 Posts
1) stability
2) ease of clamping
3) portability
4) strength and durability
5) all the bikes I have and will work on will be clamped at the seatpost, and not the top-tube or frame.

Ultimate.

I think you'd be as happy with their less expensive 'Consumer' model as with their Pro, although the Pro does have some subtle differences.

1) Tripod base = stability on lawns, dirt, trailhead parking lots, etc.
2) Spinner clamp on the 'Consumer' model takes a flick of the index finger to 'whirrrrr' into position, then another turn or two to firmly clamp the seat post. 'Pro' model pushes closed, then takes a few turns of the knob. Their pretty different, but both are quick.
3) Both fold up like an oversized camera tripod and transport easily.
4) No problems with strength or durability of either, not personally nor from what I've seen reported on these boards. But to be fair, that goes for other brands as well. The 'appears the Pro' does use a heavier guage of aluminum tubing.

I wouldn't mind owning the Pro model, but it doesn't offer any additional capability over the Consumer model and there isn't anything not to like about the less expensive version. Either one will meet your requirements and I'm sure will make you happy.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My thanks to all that replied to my query.

And the winner is,......

ULTIMATE,...(hands down)

I will be purchasing the "Ultimate Pro" model

Now then,....uhhhhhhhh,.....which color to get,....red or black,....*sigh*

decisions decisions decisions,....(whew)

(just kiddin')

Again, my sincere thanks ya'll,.....^5

Ol' DirtDawg

Live Long,....Ride Hard

1 - 7 of 7 Posts