Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Your bike is incorrigible
3,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting damned tired of having to get out of the way of all these punks on unicycles. And I don't know exactly who has the right of way. I mean, it's easy to figure out with hikers and horses, but unicycles?

I'm starting a petition to get Jeffco to start including unicycles in their right-of-way scheme. Instead of the simple "yield" triangle, we need to have a "yield" square. Only then will it be apparent to the masses who has to yield to whom.

Wanna sign?

·
Your retarded
3,085 Posts
I've been having the same issue with these folks:

·
Perpetual slow motion
480 Posts
Just give the Unitards the right-of-way. I mean these kids are going to turn their Manjunk into Manginas in a couple of years from riding those clown contraptions. Then you will have the last laugh Guyechka... Oh yes, you will. Now if it's downhill and you have to pass, well then that is a whole new ballgame. Just rub their wheel and watch them fly off the trail. Before any of you Midol cops out there get yourself in a wad, just realize those Unitards know they can only pedal so fast going downhill like JoJo the circus monkey, so if they don't want to yield let them sample some local fauna.

I don't know, seems reasonable to me. But I digress.

·
Ride, Rinse, Repeat
124 Posts
More users to yield to

What about Tandems? Hard to drive the bus, so we need yield preference too! :rolleyes:

Horse to
Hiker to
Uni to
Tandem to
Bike

Maybe a modified stop sign? 5 sided..... ;)

·
3,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DaleTR said:
What about Tandems? Hard to drive the bus, so we need yield preference too! :rolleyes:

Horse to
Hiker to
Uni to
Tandem to
Bike

Maybe a modified stop sign? 5 sided..... ;)
I like that! Yep, I like that a lot! A "yield" hexagon. But as you have it, everyone must yield to bikes, and I like that idea the best.

·
Non Dual Bliss
6,240 Posts
I yield to the first law of motion. If that don't work, I revert to the first rule of cage fighting.

However, most of those djorks on Munis are pushovers.

·
Registered
317 Posts
While we're on the subject, does anyone have a good recommendation for a Front Range uni tire? I think I've found the right frame (the Yeti 571) and brakes but proper tire selection is key in these conditions.

Attachments

·
3,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Unicycle season is just about to begin, so be careful out there! Dammit! Where are those yield sign already?

Attachments

·
I heart the drops
1,105 Posts
proper tire selection is key but what I have noticed that if you wear team color spandex it makes you 25% faster
Black

·
Aphonopelma Coloradanum
202 Posts
Last winter I saw a mountain unicycle, cross country skiers, and snowshoers at the same time in the Clear Creek Bike Path- I wondered the same thing (Should the hikers-horsies-bikers triangle be expanded to a dodecahedron? Do showshoers yield to MUni guys?)

I'm still kicking myself for not getting a picture of the situation (everybody was being friendly, and there was 12" of snow).

·
3,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
3nf said:
Last winter I saw a mountain unicycle, cross country skiers, and snowshoers at the same time in the Clear Creek Bike Path- I wondered the same thing (Should the hikers-horsies-bikers triangle be expanded to a dodecahedron? Do showshoers yield to MUni guys?)

I'm still kicking myself for not getting a picture of the situation (everybody was being friendly, and there was 12" of snow).
Time to be honest...

I was prompted to think of the whole "yielding to unicycles" thing yesterday when I took my wife to Flying J. We saw two women on unicycles. It was obvious that at least one of them was just a beginner--couldn't go more than a hundred feet. There was never really any confrontation, but it reminded me that there are more than three user groups out there.

I have nothing but admiration for those who try to unicycle on singletrack. However, I think I'll stick with my two wheeled machine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts