Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband and I are getting mountain bikes. Mine is going to be a Specialized 2014 Myka with disc brakes. I'm looking at getting bike trailer to pull around 2 kids in, but a lot of the reviews I've been reading conflict about whether they will work on my bike frame (or any mountain bike). Does anyone already have a trailer they use and love that they know works with the Myka?

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I have a friend with two kids that I go riding with and he uses a Burley Honey Bee to attached to his BMC FourStroke. I got to check it out and is quite nice and he's one of those guys that are very meticulously when shopping for a product, especially one that would transport his kids. Its quite pricey at $400.

::Bike Trailer - Honey Bee - Burley--BURLEY--

·
Registered
204 Posts
My daughter love to ride in our Burly. It attaches to a small bracket, that I just slide my quick release skewer through. It works just fine on all my bike, road bikes, hartail and full suspension mountain bikes, and does not even come close to my disk brakes. I've also put it on my single speed that has a bolt on rear wheel. You'll love it.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
I like my Burly as well. Nice trailer.

·
Picture Unrelated
5,123 Posts
My husband and I are getting mountain bikes. Mine is going to be a Specialized 2014 Myka with disc brakes. I'm looking at getting bike trailer to pull around 2 kids in, but a lot of the reviews I've been reading conflict about whether they will work on my bike frame (or any mountain bike). Does anyone already have a trailer they use and love that they know works with the Myka?
As for Burley this should help:

::Frequently Asked Questions - Burley--BURLEY--

It sounds to me that the Myka should have no issue if you use the forged hitch option with one of their bike trailers. The classic hitch would be unlikely to work.

Looking through the instruction manual for the Chariot/Thule trailer it appears that their system would also work with disc brakes. I am unfamiliar with other options.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts