Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I am new to this forum and I've been riding only for a year now. I have Scott scale 50 M size (ETT 585mm) and somehow I think this size is too big for me since I'm 167cm tall girl. I tried cutting down the size by shorter stem (from 90 mm I went to 60 mm) but this didn't help. Because of the big difference, the control of the bike changed a lot too and I didn't like it.

I am now wondering if I try with 70-80mm stem and/or buy a straight seatpost if this would help getting the proper riding position.
I'd appreciate any advice because I'm really out of ideas. Thanks!

PS. I know a new bike or at least frame would help but now I am aiming to adjust this one and later I'll spent on a new bike.

·
Wēk Sôs
3,210 Posts
Probably too big. I'm 180cm and ride bikes with 60cm ett with steeper seat angles and a 50mm stem, and straight seatposts. My fit is not the same as a road bike, not as stretched out.

Straight seatposts, and shorter stem is about all you can do, but don't compromise knee to spindle relationship if that is set appropriately for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hm, yeah thanks pal. I'll try with a straight seatpost and see how it feels. Hopefully I'll find a way to properly adjust this to my body. The thing is that Scott scale bikes are longer in the front with a shorter chainstay and when I bought it, I wasn't that knowledgeable about what size is good for me. Anyway, thanks for sharing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.