Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually see some impressive routes on my Strava feed the day after BTW day. I always wish I would have prepared and joined in on the fun. This year will be different.
My particular route being about 40 miles and 2200 ft of climbing (San Jose to San Ramon) each way will require some preparations. Im leaving my laptop and a change of clothes at the office on Wednesday so as to carry as little as possible.

A few years ago, I remember seeing Eric Colton ride from Santa Cruz to Morgan Hill (@Specialized) on a 100 mile route. I think he started at like 2AM.

Anyone else joining in on the fun? Whos got the longest, most ridiculous route?

·
Registered
811 Posts
I stopped to say hello, and thanks to the volunteers handing out snacks and swag bags at a local train station. It leaves me with a good feeling to see so much goodwill around bike commuting on these days, the last few years.

·
Registered
11,772 Posts
Rode to Oakland City Center to help with booth early this morning. Eat some pancakes, won a A's tote bag and then went to help out at our energizer station uptown. Finishing off the day with a ride to Drakes in San Leandro and then back to Alameda. Should be about a 25 mile day. Mostly flat but with a good headwind....ride safe everyone....

·
Registered
258 Posts
Mine's anywhere from a 4 mile to a 102 mile roundtrip, depending on when I get off the train... or if I take the train at all. Today was the short version because of an early meeting.

Sorta like NYE for alcoholics, it's amateur hour!

Good to see all the energizer stations out, though.

·
M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
8,610 Posts
No showers at my work, otherwise I’d be riding every day since it’s only 6.5 miles one way… and YES, I understand that I don’t have to hammer to get there, but it’s hard not to when I get on a bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.