Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
(slight return)
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just realized Bike To Work Day is next week.

Who's in?
What are you riding?
How far's your commute?
What post commute beverage will you have when you finish?

I've officially been relieved of kid drop off duties, so I'm shooting to do the full commute both ways on the Salsa Casseroll singlespeed. Can't remember how far it is but round trip should end up between 48 and 56 miles (need a 7 day get in shape crash course :thumbsup: )

-slide

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
I'm driving to work with my bike in the car!

Really though, I have to get to work by 6AM and setup the energizer station and pass out goodies to other bike commuters. Stop by downtown Palo Alto and say hi. Then for the second half, I'm gonna be riding around to other energizer stops to help out where needed.

Everybody join in if you can! If you can't ride, take transit if possible.

·
CHOCOLATE NASTIES Baker
1,289 Posts
Hybrid Theory

Since I live in South San Jose and work in Livermore, I am doing a hybrid commute. I'll be driving to Fremont and park near the energizing station at Warm Springs / Mission, fill up on goodies and then bike it from there. Googlemaps lists the route as 25mi each way (coming back is gonna SUCK) :eekster: I'm taking my SC Chameleon with WTB All-Terrainasaurus tires. I plan on making a co-worker ride with me (he's got a rode bike :rolleyes: ).

·
Registered
435 Posts
I ride to work, more than I drive. :)
It is only about 14miles each way.
Hey, May is bike to work month, so get on it! :D
I've been trying to figure out a way to do the Wednesday night rides and still ride to work in Santa Clara. The train schedules are really hard to work around. :/

·
CHOCOLATE NASTIES Baker
1,289 Posts
mellowyellowCJ7 said:
The train schedules are really hard to work around. :/
Looks like you have two reasonable choices for CalTrain. Santa Clara - 5:10 -> Belmont - 5:38 or Lawrence - 5:39 -> San Carlos 6:04 -> ride up San Carlos till it becomes Alameda de Las Pulgas and meet up with the group at Ralston.

·
Medium?
6,728 Posts
32 miles one way. I haven't done it to this job yet. If I get out of bed in time. I'll be taking CalTrain at least part of the way home though...

·
Registered
226 Posts
Just another day for me. I ride usually 4 days out of 5. Singlespeed SR road bike. About 7 miles each way. Been commuting to work on bike off and on for 10 years.:thumbsup:

·
Trip the Bike Fantastic
588 Posts
If I'm feeling up to it I'll be riding in, too. Slide, we should coordinate schedules. If so, I think I'm going to ride down Market st. this year instead of along the Embarcadero. I hear Market St. on BTWD is a real gas.

·
aka dan51
6,021 Posts
I'm in. 8.5 miles each way.
I'll be rockin' the On-One Inbred roadie....:thumbsup:
Already ridden twice this week. Today is a day off, my legs are burned from Skeggs last night.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I bike commute on an old Rockhopper about twice as often than I drive -- 9 miles from downtown Sunnyvale to north San Jose. Almost half of it is on bike path or levee. They just built 2 bike bridges over 101 and 237, at Borregas, which I now use.

The week after Bike to Work Week I'll see just the regulars again.

Attachments

·
Older than I feel
1,876 Posts
Sunnyvale to Moffett Field, I guess it's about 5-1/2 miles each way. I'll be doing a lot of bike commuting for the next couple of weeks as my wife has our only working car on a road trip to Las Vegas!

·
Life is strange
1,991 Posts
I wish i could partake in all the bike to week hooplah on my normal ride in, but, they don't open up untill after I've been at work for an hour!

·
Urban Ninja
2,381 Posts
Hope I'm not considered a spammer for this... This whole month if you ride to the Trek retail store you get a free tune up. Parts are not included (that's how we make a few bucks) but service is completely free! So ride to work and get your bike tuned at the same time. I just got hired there and I will be starting June 1st so come see me sometime.

Trek Bicycle Store, San Jose

Store Hours: M-F 11-7, Sat 10-5, Sun 11-5

503 W. Capitol Expressway
San Jose, CA 95136
Phone: 408-264-2453

·
Medium?
6,728 Posts
Zignzag said:
I bike commute on an old Rockhopper about twice as often than I drive -- 9 miles from downtown Sunnyvale to north San Jose. Almost half of it is on bike path or levee. They just built 2 bike bridges over 101 and 237, at Borregas, which I now use.

The week after Bike to Work Week I'll see just the regulars again.
Wow. Slacker route, or what? Your boss just called and told me to tell you to take Central to Montague and hurry the f' up.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
jeng said:
Hope I'm not considered a spammer for this... This whole month if you ride to the Trek retail store you get a free tune up. Parts are not included (that's how we make a few bucks) but service is completely free! So ride to work and get your bike tuned at the same time. I just got hired there and I will be starting June 1st so come see me sometime.

Trek Bicycle Store, San Jose

Store Hours: M-F 11-7, Sat 10-5, Sun 11-5

503 W. Capitol Expressway
San Jose, CA 95136
Phone: 408-264-2453
woah, thats a long commute for you to bike to work ;)

·
Urban Ninja
2,381 Posts
grrrah said:
woah, thats a long commute for you to bike to work ;)
Yea, this month I still work in Fairfield so it's not so bad :thumbsup: Imma move to Mt. View at the end of the month though, so you south bay peeps will be seeing much more of me out on the trails :D :eek: :cool:

1 - 20 of 113 Posts