Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellow Mojo owners,

since my Mojo has muscled my old bike (Bionicon Edison) out, I am selling it and thinking of getting a big bike for shuttle runs / heavy enduro riding.

So it's gonna be a big bike, either FR or DH. I'm thinking of going with an Iron Horse, either a Sunday or a 7Point, as they come with the DW Link, and they are cheap right now.

My question: which one should it be? The 7Point (7" FR bike) is available at $1900 at Randall Scott, the SUnday (8" DH race) at $3000, with much better parts, though.

So far, I am thinking the Sunday may be more fun on shuttle runs, the 7Point is cheaper and might be better to pedal (although I won't have use for that, with my size of 6'6").

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Jever

·
Registered
122 Posts
PeterG said:
Braco is Ibis dealer in Slovenia, so maybe well informed ;)
Before two months I mentioned on my web that Ibis will maybe surprise bike world with first carbon downhill bike. Enduro is than logical link between Mojo and DH bike, evolution to revolution.

Braco, just ordinary Slovenian

·
Registered
510 Posts
When frustrated with the diameter of the down tube on an azure, I decided to design my own DW bike tracing all the pivot points and link lengths and sticking an existing rear triangle on it.

What I came up with was a multi-material bike where a 2 ft by 2 ft carbon piece would define all the suspension geometry pivot points and then aluminum (or carbon tubes per latest trek road bike) would be added to get all the different sizes. By keeping the Sunday like carbon piece with the bottom bracket and all the pivot points small enough to fit in a small 2' x2' mold, the economics of making a carbon downhill bike start to make sense. The carbon stayed in the region protected by the e-13 bash ring. Everything forward was aluminum. The FD was a road "braze on" with a cam to translate pull ratio to use mountain triggers.

The goal was to drive the cost and the weight down by eliminating precise weldments for geometry defining pivot points.

Ibis could do that great and get good market acceptance as the exposed parts would be bend but don't shatter aluminum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.