Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After some fooling, I fit a 2.5 WTB weirwolf in my chainstays with min. clearance might even have to trim outside knob.
Questions-
Do I order downhill version w/ beefier sidewall and wirebead or do I get standard thinner sidewall folding and save the 3 lbs.?
Would like to mount to my crossmaxs and call it good, does mounting to 39mm Alex rims make that much difference? I would think about spending for those but not the amount for say a snowcat.
Will this set up work for the Su 100?
Any examples of some other set ups that work would be great?

Thanks
Jay
Still trying to make budget and decision.

·
Mr.Secret
643 Posts
Jay P said:
After some fooling, I fit a 2.5 WTB weirwolf in my chainstays with min. clearance might even have to trim outside knob.
Questions-
Do I order downhill version w/ beefier sidewall and wirebead or do I get standard thinner sidewall folding and save the 3 lbs.?
Would like to mount to my crossmaxs and call it good, does mounting to 39mm Alex rims make that much difference? I would think about spending for those but not the amount for say a snowcat.
Will this set up work for the Su 100?
Any examples of some other set ups that work would be great?

Thanks
Jay
Still trying to make budget and decision.
Jay, if you have to, go ahead and nip the side knobs with a pair of sidecutters. Myself, I'd go with the folding version. As far as rims go, how much do you weigh? If you can fit 2.5s in your frame,you can fit a sno-cat. The width of the tire stays the same, it just puts more of the footprint on the ground,( floatation). The 5mm difference may not seem like much but every mm. counts. On the rims that is. On the flipside if the conditions are right it can be a' sidewalk ' out there, but don't count on it. Good Luck

·
Registered
151 Posts
R.T.R. said:
Jay, if you have to, go ahead and nip the side knobs with a pair of sidecutters. Myself, I'd go with the folding version. As far as rims go, how much do you weigh? If you can fit 2.5s in your frame,you can fit a sno-cat. The width of the tire stays the same, it just puts more of the footprint on the ground,( floatation). The 5mm difference may not seem like much but every mm. counts. On the rims that is. On the flipside if the conditions are right it can be a' sidewalk ' out there, but don't count on it. Good Luck
I trimmed my Weirwolf rear with a box cutter. Um........ let me just say that the above advice is good advice. I slashed the sidewall and had to buy a new tire.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.