Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Spooooon!
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to option to swap and trade a few 29ers. I wont say which I currently have, but want you opinions on which one bike or pair of bikes would be your preference and why.

Option 1: Moots Mooto-X YBB with Ti post, stem, bar, and other quality components

Option 2: Turner Sultan, and Surly Karate Monkey SS

Which would you go with? A "One Bike" approach with the Moots, or a quiver approach with the other two. Price is about equal with either option, but the Moots alone could be a bit cheaper that the pair. Riding is a mix of gravel roads and single track. Not a lot of rocks, but plenty of roots and steep climbs and descents.

·
Keep on Rockin...
6,471 Posts
B

No question unless your trails dictate a real need for a HT only.

I have a KM and a 4" Lenz Lev and find it to be the best 2 bike combo. All your bases will be covered and more importantly when one bike is down and in repair you'll have a backup.

·
Space Ghost
962 Posts
Option 2, no question. The Moots is a beautiful bike and I am sure would do an admirable job of pulling the "Jack of all trades" thing. However, unless you only ride one kind of trail that the Moots excels at, having options of what to ride is always a bonus. I envy your dilemma.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Hairllama said:
I have to option to swap and trade a few 29ers. I wont say which I currently have, but want you opinions on which one bike or pair of bikes would be your preference and why.
One could always check your profile and see which you currently have...

Anyway, definitely option 2. Two bikes are better than one, and you'll like having the versatility of a full susp and a nice SS to ride depending on where you'll be riding.

·
Spooooon!
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Call_me_Al said:
One could always check your profile and see which you currently have...
I guess I thought we were on the honor system here. ;) I was thinking that the Moots would simplify my stable. The Turner is a beast and handles the trails very well, but it might be overkill. I'm leaning toward keeping my Sultan and Monkey, but the lure of titanium is hard to resist.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.