Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if any of you here have tried the Delta Leonardo Single Bicycle Rack with Da Vinci Tire Tray set up. I've got 4-5 bikes I'm planning to hang vertically on one of my garage walls, and though this looked pretty convenient, AND not too pricey at around $15

Customer Image Gallery for Delta Leonardo Single Bicycle Rack with Da Vinci Tire Tray

This Steady Rack set up looks real nice, but pretty pricey at $80 each.

Steadyrack Bike Rack - Bicycle Storage Solution!

I just want to keep my bikes off the floor to keep floor space available for projects, but really don't want the bikes on the ceiling anymore as that's a hassle for wife and kids. Was originally going to hang the bikes horizontally on the wall, but with 4-5 bikes that requires a lot of wall space.

·
Registered
120 Posts
don't store them vertically if they have hydraulic brakes. You might get air bubbles in the lines. I have a couple of hooks in my garage that i use to store the beach cruiser, and occasionally my roadie.

Amazon.com: Avenir Bicycle Storage Hooks (2 per Card): Sports & Outdoors

i also have some hooks that stick out a little farther, and i use a tie down strap around the seat and the handle bars for my MTB. It keeps my bikes out of the way, and it is a cheap way to do it.

The ones you are looking at look like better quality, but are a little more expensive.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My setup is 6 of these bike hooks: Wall Components GAWUXXVBRH from Gladiator® GarageWorks and two gear channels Wall Systems GAWC042PPY from Gladiator® GarageWorks. This will give you the flexibility to move the hooks around. I got my from Lowes.com and I think it was around $75 for everything. However none of my bikes have hydraulic brakes.
Did you add a board or anything to keep the tires from marking up the walls, or are your walls unfinished? Nice thing about that set up is being able to move mounts if needed since hooks aren't mounted to a stud.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I haven't added a board at this point. I may in the future as the tires do leave some marks. This is in a finished garage so its no big deal to me at this point.

One important thing is that you want to make sure that the gear channels especially at the ends hit studs. In my case this wasn't going to happen. So I installed a long piece of 1x 8 wood screwed into studs. Then I installed the gear channel over the wood...hitting studs where possible. In the case where the end of the channels weren't hitting studs, at least they were going into the 1 x 8 board. Its been up for a year with 4 adult bikes and 2 kids bikes hanging on it and its solid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.