Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! Trekked here from Phoenix to enjoy the Sea Otter Festivities and my bike was stolen right out of campsite in 10 minutes. Anyway, if anyone can help, has ideas, or can be on the lookout for a 2019 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Expert Carbon XL. It is blue/grey with Red accents. Mostly stock but some noticeable additions that I won’t mention in case thief is reading this. Please PM me or respond to this, but please be patient as their is poor connections at Sea Otter site. In Phoenix we have a Facebook site, “Stevebay” where people sell bike stuff. Anything similar in this area. Going to watch Craigslist as well but only here until Sunday afternoon. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Happens every year, and it's why I don't want to bring my bike to Sea Otter as a spectator. Sorry to hear that though man.

·
Up In Smoke
Dirt Roadë
3,282 Posts
This is really disheartening. I understand the druggies who steal to get their fix, but at a biking festival, I would hope we're better than that.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
-May the Fleas from 1,000 Camels BALLS infest your bike thieves. . . .

Sorry to hear about your ride, that sucks.

·
RIDDLELDDIR
1,335 Posts
What campsite?? I ask because I saw some SHADY dude roll past our spot Wednesday, in a black wagon, hitch mount rack on the tail and no bike. Just the rack. Driver was circling the loops and just kept starting. Later that day he had a bike on his hitch.. I know a cheap car and a bike worth double the value of the car on the rack is commonplace, but this dude was just out of place.

Also- I was up in the DH yesterday morning after the unexpected closure of the course. As I was exiting the line to head for DS practice in the mass exodus that followed, some rando was riding along side me. As we approached the Red Bull tent, someone had a 2019 Stumpy carbon bling-bling NO LOCK on their hitch! As we pass, dude says "You can just take them.. Just pick it up, and ride away.. Pick any one you want" He was SO out of place.. 5' 10", stringy long-ish hair, torn jeans, white tee shirt, old flat bill hat, old high tops, not a single bit of bike kit, at all. He looked to be about 50yrs, riding an old freeride bike.. I want to say it was a first-gen YT..

Anyway- Point is LOCK YOUR SH8T or keep it out of sight..

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What campsite?? I ask because I saw some SHADY dude roll past our spot Wednesday, in a black wagon, hitch mount rack on the tail and no bike. Just the rack. Driver was circling the loops and just kept starting. Later that day he had a bike on his hitch..
We are in A 113. Thanks I will be on the lookout for a black wagon, although he is probably long gone

1 - 9 of 9 Posts