Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen that it is recommended not to have a kickstand on a mountain bike when riding it. My bike goes between two cars, so there's not a lot of room there. Is there some sort of thing that I could roll my tire into that will keep it standing and not take up too much room? Thanks.

·
EDR
10,792 Posts
fishtanker said:
Why is it recommend not to have a kickstand installed while riding?
It's just a bad idea in so many ways if you ride trails with obstacles, jumps, bumpy/rocky sections, etc, etc.
Should a kickstand open up during a crash (which is quite possible) it makes for a dangerous addition to your bike. The scenerio where a kickstand might catch on common trail obstacles is endless....if one rides only canal banks and bike paths there is nothing wrong with have a kickstand...

·
Registered
37 Posts
eatdrinkride said:
It's just a bad idea in so many ways if you ride trails with obstacles, jumps, bumpy/rocky sections, etc, etc.
Should a kickstand open up during a crash (which is quite possible) it makes for a dangerous addition to your bike. The scenerio where a kickstand might catch on common trail obstacles is endless....if one rides only canal banks and bike paths there is nothing wrong with have a kickstand...
Yea, that makes sense. My Trek came with one installed and i never really thought about it. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.