Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so here is my question. I just recently picked up a diamondback topanga in a 19" size. I'm 6'2". My fiance (5'10") also got the same bike in a 17" but is now exchanging it for a 19" as she feels her 17" was too small. Is it possible that we could use the same size bike even though we are 4 inches apart?

The bike seems like a good fit on me and the guy at the bike shop said the 19" was a good size for me. When I read online now I'm seeing that a lot of people are using 20"+ bikes at heights of 6'2"+

on a side note, do you guys think the diamondback topanga was a good buy? we paid 399 for each bike.

thanks in advance,
Sean

·
Registered
266 Posts
If you can get proper leg extension on it with reasonable seat post extension, you should be fine. How stretched out are you?

I would ask the "is this a good buy" question before buying. If you arent thrashing the bike and you take care of it (keep it inside, keep it clean and lubed) you should be fine.

You could probably fit on a larger bike but it really depends on how you are built and your riding position preference.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JustFuzzIt said:
If you can get proper leg extension on it with reasonable seat post extension, you should be fine. How stretched out are you?

I would ask the "is this a good buy" question before buying. If you arent thrashing the bike and you take care of it (keep it inside, keep it clean and lubed) you should be fine.

You could probably fit on a larger bike but it really depends on how you are built and your riding position preference.
Thanks for the info. Most of my height is in my upper body, ours legs are actually pretty close in length. So the 19" setup is probably pretty good for me.

Reason why I ask about whether its a good buy is we still have the option to exchange it, my choices would include the Iron Horse Maverick 3.3 ($379) and Iron Horse Maverick 3.0 ($549).

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the '05 DB Topanga Comp, very happy with it. I have since bought a Cannondale Rush 5z Full-Suspension, but I ride both or my buddy rides it...

My DB TC came with Deore level parts and Hayes disc brakes, pretty good components for the price when I bought it ($450) back in 2005.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.